Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Earth 2 - The Complete Series'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I read Don Houston's DVD review of Earth 2 - The Complete Series at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=16755 and...

I'm wondering why Universal wasn't smart enought to put the last few episodes on the DVDs according to PRODUCTION date rather than air date? Guess we'll just have to me smart enough to skip "All About Eve" and watch it after we've watched all the other shows.
Old 07-23-05, 12:16 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts
is that the only episode that messes with the order on the DVD set?

Meaning, if I buy the set, should I be watching them as they appear on each disc until I get to "All About Eve", or is there a different "proper" order for each disc?
Old 07-31-05, 11:10 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
I'm curious also (on the proper order ? above).

Also, any other opinions on the show? I've never watched it and would like a 2nd and 3rd recommendation before I buy it.
Old 08-06-05, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SomethingMore
is that the only episode that messes with the order on the DVD set?

Meaning, if I buy the set, should I be watching them as they appear on each disc until I get to "All About Eve", or is there a different "proper" order for each disc?
The last 2 episodes on disc 4 - "Natural Born Grendlers" and "Flower Child" where supposed to be shown earlier in the series. I looked for a guide that listed the episodes in production order, but couldn't find one. Judging from the events that take place in the episodes, I'd say Natural Born Grendlers is around episode 3-5, and Flower Child is around 12-14. Just skip All About Eve until last and you'll be fine.

I enjoy this series. I watched it during it's original run and again on the Sci-Fi Channel a few years back so this was my 3rd time watching it (though the 1st on DVD) It's fairly good sci-fi with a decent cast and a few of my favs (Tim Currey, Clancy Brown, Rebbecca Gayheart.) I only wish it had of ran at least another season as they leave a lot of things unanswered.

-Jason