Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Million Dollar Duck'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-05, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read Scott Weinberg's DVD review of Million Dollar Duck at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=15947 and...

Got to say i disagree with you. Though this is not the strongest effort in the disney live action catalog, its not the worse. I think the movie is charming through the eyes of the child, but may be wasted outside of youth. I have always loved Sandy Duncan in this movie, and it fits in well with her appearances on flip wilson, and Laugh in. Much better than her stepping in on the hogan family, and pushing snack crackers.
Old 05-27-05, 12:26 AM

Fair enough.

Perhaps if I'd seen the movie when I was a kid, I'd be a bit less cynical about it today. But I have no problem "approaching" a kid's flick with the appropriate state of mind. Hell, I love a warm, fuzzy family comedy. But this movie did nothing for me. Well, nothing that an Advil couldn't cure.
Old 05-27-05, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Scott Weinberg
Fair enough.
But this movie did nothing for me. Well, nothing that an Advil couldn't cure.
I like that...and kudos for calling disney out on the Pan & Scan releases
Old 05-28-05, 04:01 AM

Cam,

I'm not the most knowledgable guy in the universe when it comes to the real technical end of camera lenses and aspect ratios ... but I do know when someone's pissing all over someone else's art. And to someone out there, Million Dollar Duck is a piece of art that deserves to be seen the way the filmmakers intended.

I couldn't rightly bitch about A Midnight Clear or The Journey of Natty Gann and not show the same displeasure regarding Million Dollar Duck or Follow That Bird just because I love two of 'em and don't really care about the other pair. ALL movies are someone's art, and as such they deserve to be presented in their original form. You wouldn't slice up someone's paintings just to get some extra wall space for more ruined paintings...

I'll rail against the non-OAR transfers, no matter what the movie is, until they pry my DVD remote from my cold, dead hands.

"Some" people prefer Full Frame Pan & Scan travesties? Fine for them. Whatever. But don't short-change those of us who actually give a crap about the art of filmmaking.

Oooh, you got me all riled up!