Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Twilight Zone: Season 2'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 04-04-05, 06:16 AM
DVDTalk Reviewer Emeritus - Founder of DVD Stalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read das Monkey's DVD review of Twilight Zone: Season 2 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=15128 and...das, you've done it again...A thoroughly exhaustive and well-written review. I absolutely love reading your take on Twilight Zone. Very nicely done!
Old 04-04-05, 04:16 PM

They're great reviews, and I know you didn't write it, but now season 2 of TTZ is "highly recommended" while the first season of The Golden Girls is in the DVDTalk Collector's Series? C'mon.

No, no. C'MON.
Old 04-04-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robsul82
They're great reviews, and I know you didn't write it, but now season 2 of TTZ is "highly recommended" while the first season of The Golden Girls is in the DVDTalk Collector's Series? C'mon.

No, no. C'MON.
Two different DVD releases, two different reviewers. I doubt very many would disagree which is really the stronger release, but them's the breaks. You're not the first person to point out The Golden Girls "Collector's Series", though.
Old 04-04-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Welllllllllllllllllllllllll...

das did say "This second season of the classic show stumbled quite a bit. The glimpses of greatness were still seen, but there were too many episodes that failed completely and just did not measure up to the high standard of the inaugural effort."

So i'm sure between those sentiments and Bea Arthur's nude scenes in GG s1 is where the differences lie..
Old 04-04-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Scott_Lecter

I read das Monkey's DVD review of Twilight Zone: Season 2 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=15128 and...das, you've done it again...A thoroughly exhaustive and well-written review. I absolutely love reading your take on Twilight Zone. Very nicely done!
Thank you, friend. Your heart is true; you're a pal and a confidant.

das
Old 04-04-05, 11:13 PM
DVDTalk Reviewer Emeritus - Founder of DVD Stalk

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Thank you, friend. Your heart is true; you're a pal and a confidant.
Very, very clever. LOL
Old 04-07-05, 11:24 AM

Yeah... about the videotape...

Mr das Monkey,

I really enjoyed your review of this Twilight Zone Season 2 dvd set. You really make me want to buy it. Reading your descriptions of the videotaped episodes just made me want to watch them again. I have fond memories of some of the episodes you described as being ass. When you see these shows in this context I’m sure it is obvious that the quality had slipped, but when I first saw them, years after the original run of the show, it was hardly noticeable. So much of television looked like that in those days, including the live broadcast of Rod Serling’s Requiem For A Heavyweight.