Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Deadwood: Complete First Season'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 10:14 AM
Banned

Location: You ever look up in the sky at night and notice a star shining so bright and so proud by such a margin that it deserves to be in its own category? I am that star!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read das Monkey's DVD review of Deadwood: Complete First Season at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=14405 and...was bored
Old 03-22-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Care to elaborate?
Old 03-22-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh yea wooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Old 03-22-05, 12:29 PM
Banned

Location: You ever look up in the sky at night and notice a star shining so bright and so proud by such a margin that it deserves to be in its own category? I am that star!
Originally Posted by das Monkey
now your speaking my language
Old 03-22-05, 07:21 PM
Suspended

Welcome to dvd talk sparklek. I look forward to reading your enlightening posts.
Old 03-22-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sparklek1D
I can't wait till I get one of those "If you don't have anything good to say please stop posting replies."

I'll be posting from time to time when I get some free time at work and I'm here to shake up these boards that have been filled with snobs and elitists. I only wish that some of you experts who spend hours and hours a day posting arguments about how "Ready to Rumble" was an excellent movie. If you would use of that energy for something positive that would be great. I try to help out many worthwhile children's charities. Please follow my lead.
So you are trying to get people to do something different with their time other than posting on a message board by....posting on a message board. Hope that works for you! Also, it is great that you are able to see what everyone else here is doing outside of the boards. Can you see what I am doing right now?
Old 03-22-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by FinkPish
So you are trying to get people to do something different with their time other than posting on a message board by....posting on a message board. Hope that works for you! Also, it is great that you are able to see what everyone else here is doing outside of the boards. Can you see what I am doing right now?
Is it possibly we might have somebody as entertaining as Dalvin?

As for the Deadwood review, I thought it was good.
Old 03-23-05, 07:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FinkPish
Pleasuring yourself to japanimation!!! ewwww have some dignity
Old 03-23-05, 10:40 AM
Banned

In the future I would appreciate it if you people could stick to the topic which is Deadwood

Spoiler:
Ep 16, "Requiem for a Gleet":

Cochran contemplates a procedure that could cure Swearengen, or kill him; His employer indisposed, Dority must attend to a former fellow-bushwacker come to request Swearengen’s permission to pull a job, and to Wu, who attempts to convey news of a “tong” rival newly arrived from San Francisco; Bullock attempts to settle into domesticity, while Star gets a new combination bookkeeper/roommate – Trixie; Alma cuts ties with Sofia's tutor, Miss Isringhausen, who takes refuge with Adams; and the arrival of county commissioner Hugo Jarry (Stephen Tobolowsky) spawns rumors about the camp's future and legal ownership of the gold claims. Written by Ted Mann; directed by Alan Taylor. (source: BTN)

The day after the bladder-stone scene, there is an encounter between Dan Dority and E. B. Farnum. Standing at the bar of the Gem, E. B. reports that his sleep the previous night was disrupted by pain-filled screams. Dority, determined to conceal that Al is seriously ill, refuses the bait:
FARNUM: I heard screaming. From Al's room.
DORITY: Happens up there many a f***ing evening.
FARNUM: Al was f***ing screaming, Dan. And I'm wondering how he's feeling this morning. And you dancing around the pole ain't allaying my f***ing anxieties.

There is a scene between Mr. Wu and Dan Dority. Wu comes to the Gem in agitation, having just spied a member of a rival San Francisco tong, freshly arrived on a stagecoach and already in conversation with one of Swearengen's business competitors. Because Al is still indisposed by illness, Dority tries to handle the conversation. But Wu's side of the dialogue is limited to gesticulations and the exclamations, "Swearengen!," "c***sucker!," and "San Francisco!" He says "c***sucker" about ten times, with increasing vehemence, until Dority, whose English isn't all that grammatical, either, gets the drift. (source: New Yorker article by Mark Singer; link to article text posted by hcwoodward at TWoP)

Edit -- Spoilers from an upcoming episode hidden.
Old 03-23-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll be posting from time to time when I get some free time at work and I'm here to shake up these boards that have been filled with snobs and elitists. I only wish that some of you experts who spend hours and hours a day posting arguments about how "Ready to Rumble" was an excellent movie. If you would use of that energy for something positive that would be great. I try to help out many worthwhile children's charities. Please follow my lead.

Welcome MasterShake 05, danol, dalvin, etc.!!! Whatever you want to call yourself. Can't wait to hear more from you. You seem really smart...and funny too!!! Bummer about me being snobby and elitist. Hope you can set me straight.

BTW, I agree. das Monkey is sooooooooo boring.

Commence with the shaking things up.

Last edited by automator; 03-23-05 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-23-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

automator

BTW, I agree. das Monkey is sooooooooo boring.
Agreed. I even bore myself.

das
Old 03-23-05, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by automator

Welcome MasterShake 05, danol, dalvin, etc.!!! Whatever you want to call yourself. Can't wait to hear more from you. You seem really smart...and funny too!!! Bummer about me being snobby and elitist. Hope you can set me straight.

BTW, I agee. das Monkey is sooooooooo boring.

Commence with the shaking things up.
I call myself sparklek1d and I don't need any encouragement...especially from someone who's audition tapes for Survivor keep getting thrown in the trash by CBS.

<---- just me being humble

The sun goes up and the sun goes down
Old 03-23-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is going to be fun.

I give him/her two weeks.

The sun goes up and the sun goes down
Old 03-23-05, 11:28 AM
Banned

good comeback
Old 03-23-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spark... why exactly are you being so hostile?

I reiterate: care to elaborate on your first post?
Old 03-23-05, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
Spark... why exactly are you being so hostile?

I reiterate: care to elaborate on your first post?
haha what are you a lawyer?
Old 03-23-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

new sig. thanks Sparklek1D!
Old 03-23-05, 02:41 PM
Banned

new sig. thanks Sparklek1D!

Anytime...is there anything else I can do to help? Have anymore math questions you and your fictional girlfriend are fighting over?

Oh god that was a kill...I almost feel bad this is too easy for me...Is it just me or does every internet geek have to put in an unnecessary mention that they have a girlfriend?

Its okay you don't have to lie to yourself anymore. I'm just here to help you people. If my help is not appreciated I will be forced to leave these boards. I will continue to post on these boards for the next 5 years and if do not see any change I will be gone forever!!!

Last edited by Sparklek1D; 03-23-05 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-23-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, looking into my crystal ball, the internet (along with these boards) will not change from anything you do. You should leave now and save us all the torture.
Old 03-23-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I LOVE that you have nothing better to do than look up threads I've started. It makes me giddy. Looking forward to the next five years buddy!

(btw, I'll even keep your spirit alive in my sig when your banned)
Old 03-23-05, 03:06 PM
Banned

I LOVE that you have nothing better to do than look up threads I've started. It makes me giddy. Looking forward to the next five years buddy!

(btw, I'll even keep your spirit alive in my sig when your banned)
love ya babe...where did you get that sig from? I never ever posted something like that. That is weird though because I do donate buku dollars to many worthwhile children's charities. Me banned?? I really must have hurt your feelings if this is what you are fighting for. This is my last post of the day since my day of work is winding down.

Also I wanted to take the time out to all my supporters who enjoy my postings. Thank you for all the letters, emails, and gifts. I will continue to exist to inspire!!!
Old 03-23-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Already deleting posts. Sure you're not an old member?

Trust me. The last thing in the world I want is you to be banned.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-24-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

haha what are you a lawyer?
What if I am?

I don't see why you started a discussion over a topic that you apparently had no intention to discuss...
Old 03-24-05, 07:01 AM
Defunct Account

I try to help out many worthwhile children's charities. Please follow my lead.
Hey Sparky, how many times do I have to tell you? NAMBLA is NOT a children's charity!
Old 03-24-05, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by videophile
Hey Sparky, how many times do I have to tell you? NAMBLA is NOT a children's charity!
VidPaedophile,

Well I know that now which is why you haven't received any checks lately. You were nice enough as the President of NAMBLA to call me personally and thank me for the donation, but your Mother called me to tell me the dirty details about your organization. You told me Nambla was for kids with cancer. Hell is a Hot Place.

Quit tempting children with your disgusting amount of Dragonball Z DVDs. Even a 2 year old wouldn't watch that incoherant garbage.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.