Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Porco Rosso'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 02-24-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Chris Tribbey's DVD review of Porco Rosso at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=14612 and...

thanks for clarifying that Jean Reno's voice is in the current french language track. since i heard he did it, but they were going to use another french track, but this confirms everything.
Old 02-24-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
Very nice review. I tossed it in to check it out for a few minutes and it looked great! I can't wait to spend more time with it. It's a real treat to have it and I think it was worth the wait.
Old 02-24-05, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was torn over giving Nausicaa Highly Recommended and Porco Rosso DVDTalk Collector Series, because both are outstanding and many people might see it the other way.

It all came down to the audio for Porco, which was just too much fun....I would have had the review up earlier, but I watched it a fourth time, switching through all the language options as I went...and even then I wanted to replay it again. Awesome DVD. I also thought the video was a tad sharper in Porco....could just be that it's eight years older than Nausicaa.

Anyways, hope I did those movies/DVDs justice...I wanted people who'd never heard of either one (or Miyazaki) to get an idea of how much fun they are.
Old 02-25-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciated both of your reviews - I was torn over buying them with the reviews at IGN, but I bought both after hearing the quality was actually pretty good
Old 02-25-05, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't even read them....once someone said they didn't even have the packaging, I knew it had to be a check disc (the top of the DVD was probably blank as well). You'll see, other than Porco's plane shifting colors a bit, and a few flecks in Nausicaa, it looks just fine.
Old 02-25-05, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IGN is not to be trusted...They're going along the same route as The Screen Savers (e.i. BAD) when it comes to reviews...