Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

How are Sabrina(1954), Breakfast at Tiffany's?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 10-10-04, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in picking up the Audrey Hepburn 3-movie collection from Paramount, and I was wondering exactly how strong are the video/audio for the movies. Roman Holiday also included sounds like that has been remastered well enough from the review here, but Sabrina was reviewed a few years ago, and I'm thinking that even if they say the picture quality is good it may not be as good as classic movies released today. I can't even find the review for Tiffany's, so any help would be much appreciated.
Old 10-12-04, 12:22 PM
Banned

I have them both, and the quality is fine. They are bare bones editions, though, and they may get 'special editions' some day. I mean Blake Edwards is still alive and has done a couple of commentaries, though not many.
Old 10-12-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of the two, I prefer Sabrina. Breakfast at Tiffany's is pretty good but I think Sabrina is great.
Old 10-12-04, 09:33 PM

Thanks for your input. I'm still a little hesitated about purchasing the collection because the fact they are bare bone dvds, but Paramount seems to re-release their catalog movies pretty slow, I just don't know how realistically Paramount is about making these movies SE.