Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Who Live: Isle of Wight, New release?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-21-04, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed in a B&M store that the Who Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 has been re-released (I have the old Image release). Has anyone compared the two releases? Is it worth the upgrade? I think it did say something like P. Townshend's studio re-mixed it or something like that and a recent interview with him on the dvd with the director.
Old 08-21-04, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't compared them but the Image release has PCM sound and the new Red release (at deepdiscountdvd.com, $13.91) has 5.1/5.1 DTS sound. Best price is deepdiscount. Release date is 8/31/04 according to deepdiscountdvd, but amazon.com ($17.98) says release date was 8/10/04 which explains why you've seen it in B&M. This must be the new re-mix you mention and has a 30-minute interview with Townshend, and it's been restored/remixed, remastered. Deepdiscount appears to be your best source. Buying B&M will likely be closer to the MSRP $19.98.

Last edited by newswatcher; 08-21-04 at 11:03 PM.