Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

The Wizard's Spiderman 2 Movie Review

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-04, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****/**** Excellent
***/**** Good
**/**** Ok
*/**** Bad

Spiderman 2 (2004)

I went to go see Spiderman 2 opening day, with the least of high hopes considering very few sequals can surpass the original. I figured this could either turn up as a Batman and Robin type Sequal or a Superman 2. Much to my surprise this film was better then the original! Peter Parker's character gets developed even more in the film. Also Harry tries to co-op with the loss of his father and him taking over Oscorp. Peter and Mary Jane take their relationship to the next level only to have Peter cancle it because his superhero gig gets into the way. Doctor Otto Octavious becomes the miserable creature Doctor Octopus and seeks revenge on Spiderman. Harry hires Ock to bring Spiderman to him so he can have the blood of his supposed father's killer. Mary Jane is preposed to by Son of newpaper owner J. Jonah Jameson. My only problem in the film is that yet again a major villian in the Spiderman universe is killed off at the end. This film is almost perfect in every way. The ending of the film can set the movie up in many directions. Harry Osbourn becoming the Green Goblin, Dr. Curt Conners becoming the abomination The Lizard, or Venom appearing with his offspring Carnage. This movie is a perfect example of asequal that can do whatever the first film couldn't and then make it better then. This movie is on my Top Ten favorite Movies list and for excellent reasons. I give this movie.....

****/****
Old 08-20-04, 05:17 AM

Great review, and actually if you have followed the comics at all the original green goblin does "die" the death he met in the movie, but it is later discovered that the serum he took that gave him his powers also helped him cheat death. So everyone thinks he is dead when in reality he is hiding in the shadows looming over spiderman for many years.
Old 08-20-04, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ummm... you're probably going to want to cover up those PRETTY HUGE spoilers in your review. Most "reviews" don't tend to give away the end of the film...
Old 08-20-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Isn't this more movie talk... since this is DVD Review rather then Movie Review. And that said... a fairly late review from someone who saw it opening day
Old 08-22-04, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by metalhead212
Great review, and actually if you have followed the comics at all the original green goblin does "die" the death he met in the movie, but it is later discovered that the serum he took that gave him his powers also helped him cheat death. So everyone thinks he is dead when in reality he is hiding in the shadows looming over spiderman for many years.

I do read the comics. But they killed Norman before introducing Gwen Stacy.