DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   Anyone got an opinion on the new WONDER WOMAN set? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/371967-anyone-got-opinion-new-wonder-woman-set.html)

TheV 06-27-04 03:05 PM

Anyone got an opinion on the new WONDER WOMAN set?

I'm on the fence about this series. I remember it fondly, but it was a while ago since I've seen any episodes. For those who've gotten it what do you think?

scottp120 06-29-04 06:40 AM

I'm renting it from Netflix. I used to love it when I was a kid (this and Incredible Hulk were my favorite) and kind of remember it, but not sure if it's worth $30.

Fok 06-29-04 04:20 PM

I enjoyed it when I was little. I saw a couple of reruns. Enjoyable but I probably won't pick it up. BTW, isn't Linda Carter hot in her outfit?

Lastdaysofrain 06-30-04 09:05 AM

She's probably hot OUT of her outfit as well.

Fok 06-30-04 02:24 PM

Originally posted by Lastdaysofrain
She's probably hot OUT of her outfit as well.
Not now though.

How many season's were there?

Hokeyboy 07-02-04 01:03 AM

What are you talking about? Lynda still looks fantastic. Don't believe me? I'll break you with my bare hands!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Houstondon 07-03-04 07:44 AM

Re: Anyone got an opinion on the new WONDER WOMAN set?

Originally posted by TheV
I'm on the fence about this series. I remember it fondly, but it was a while ago since I've seen any episodes. For those who've gotten it what do you think?
I'm still working my way through the episodes for my review but if you like the deliberately campy show, you'll probably like the boxed set. It was a half season set, had the wooden acting many of us remember, and the lovely Lynda Carter running around in those satin tights (yum!). Look for a full review in the next couple of days (I wanted to watch all the episodes, as always, before writing it up). I hope that helps!

TheV 07-14-04 01:37 AM

Any review yet?

Houstondon 07-14-04 09:56 PM

Here's the link for you:

Wonder Woman: Season One

I hope that helps you out.

ckolchak 07-17-04 09:53 PM

love the set!
the transfers, the packaging- all top notch.
well worth the $25 i paid from Amazon (with STL).

as for the show itself- it still has a lot of charm for me.
nowehere near as compulsivly watchable as something like Alias or Buffy or what have you, but it's still fun if you can get into its particular vibe (and this is still pretty much limited to people with some nostalgia already for it).
even in the short run here there are some dog episodes, but $30 seems damn cheap to me.

i imported the first disc from R2 of the second season last year(containing only the first 3 episodes) and that ran me a little over $20 (and had some horrible PAL sped up audio distraction).
i was just about to order the second disc when WB announced this set.

i hope they bust out the rest of the series eventually, but i haven't seen this flying off the shelves the way i have B:TAS and the Spidey '67 collection