DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Nip/Tuck: The Complete First Season'

Old 06-13-04, 07:38 PM

DVD Talk review of 'Nip/Tuck: The Complete First Season'

I read David Walker's DVD review of Nip/Tuck: The Complete First Season at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11126 and...

As I've watched this entire set in prepartion of my own review, I feel the need to respectfully disagree with Mr. Walker's appraisal of its picture quality. The image is dim and overly noisy--a cable channel happened to be rerunning the episode I was watching simultaneously on DVD, and an A/B comparison revealed the broadcast alternative to be superior in every way except where flesh tones were concerned. (The show's steely palette looks much less sickly on disc.) Anybody who owns the first season of "Smallville" from the same studio will know what to expect from "Nip/Tuck"'s DVD presentation.

Bill C
filmfreakcentral.net

Last edited by flmfreakcentral; 06-13-04 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-14-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bill, I actually have to interject here. If you are describing the imagine as dim, that's how it was broadcast (I remember thinking the same thing while watching it). I can't speak to the noise, but I think it is supposed to be "dim".