Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Is Eurotrip (Unrated) worth a blind buy?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Is Eurotrip (Unrated) worth a blind buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought it blind and i did enjoy it. The DVDfile review was pretty right on. Like many teen movies, it has some horrible parts but it doesn't ruin the movie.
Old 06-04-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, it's true. This movie is way better than Road Trip IMO. I didn't have much hope for this film from the previous but was pleasently surprised. Just like Stock on You, the movies were much better than I had anticipated. I'll pick up Eurotrip once it comes down in price.

Spoiler:
The "exchange rate" had me rolling on the floor.

Old 06-09-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented this the other day and liked the movie. There are some great moments and some really stupid ones as well. I too was laughing hard during the exchange rate scene. Overall, just a rental for me.
Old 06-14-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woah, someone said it was funnier than Old School?

I love Old School and enjoyed Road Trip, but aside from a few laughs, Eurotrip just wasn't good. I sat down looking for laughs of the Old School caliber and this one didn't deliver.

Oh well...

Oh, and too many DICKS.
Old 06-14-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
I love Old School and enjoyed Road Trip, but aside from a few laughs, Eurotrip just wasn't good. I sat down looking for laughs of the Old School caliber and this one didn't deliver.
To Old School. Awesome movie!
Old 06-20-04, 08:17 AM

Eurotrip is worth watching for sure. It's not perfect, but there is plenty to make you laugh if you liked Road Trip
Old 06-26-04, 03:14 AM

Originally posted by thelwig14
I am not trying to be negative, but I cannot believe people liked this movie so much. There were numerous scenes that were too long and just not funny. They were a few good lines scattered here and there and a couple of nice racks, but this is a weak movie. And I thought Road Trip was great by the way (minus Tom Green scenes).
I picked this up as a blind buy based on all of the glowing reviews I read making it sound like a great low-brow humor film. This ain't no Animal House. A few smiles, a decent time-killer but I really didn't think it was very funny, and I certainly can't imagine watching it again.
Old 06-26-04, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts
The opening of the movie is great, and unfortunately, it's the funniest part of the movie. "Scotty Doesn't Know."

It certainly had its moments, but a lot of it just kind of went on too long or just weren't "there." It sort of feels like a lot was cut out or something.

I also didn't care for the ending.
Spoiler:
The stuff at the Vatican just wasn't funny at all, and was pretty stupid to boot. I also never bought the relationship between Scott and "Mike," so having them hook up at the end came off as awkward. They should've had her be a lesbian or something.

I would've much rather seen Scott and Jennie couple up. Seeing Jenny, who was actually a pretty sweet girl, get together with the uber-creepy Cooper just felt kind of dirty. He's such a scummy, horny fratboy type that I wanted to punch him in the face the whole time. So that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 06-26-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Josh, I agree with your thoughts on the ending.

I wanted to punch that David Spade clone in the teeth.
Old 06-27-04, 04:17 AM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
The opening of the movie is great, and unfortunately, it's the funniest part of the movie. "Scotty Doesn't Know."
I thought that was pretty funny. In fact, there were lots of pretty funny moments, but it never really added up for me by the end.

Great comedies are like any other great movies, they can be watched over and over again, and you'll find something new and funny with each viewing.

For me, it was a movie filled with cardboard characters delivering jokes. Some worked, most didn't.
Old 07-03-04, 05:22 PM

Funny Film

I thought it was hilarious. I've watched in three times now with different friends and each time I laughed non stop.
Old 07-05-04, 11:46 AM

mi-scusi!

nuff said...
Old 07-05-04, 05:47 PM

HAHA I just noticed this special feature on the DVD. Eurotrip Bootleg, which is exactly what it sounds.. the ACTUAL BOOTLEG. Great special feature.