Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

should I get The Good the Bad & the Ugly & The Great Escape SEs?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 05-16-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I looked in the Sunday ads and the majority of the deals for both films were not so good. $20 each,which will be the basic price I am sure after release week.

I was hoping Target or some store would have them for $15.99,like they do with many releases. Yet nope,$20 each there as well.

Yet Best Buy is having the deal of buy one at $20,get $10 off the other film. So basically that is $15 per film. Great deal.

But I am low on cash(just paid some bills) and am contemplating whether to purchase or not?

They are both all time favorite films of mine and the deal is really good. Yet I am still hesitant on whether to wait until another time or take the plunge?
Old 05-16-04, 05:41 PM

i am same boat as you, however i have never seen these films
Old 05-16-04, 05:58 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

i can't speak to "The Great Escape", but I have "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" SE and if you don't already own the other version..this is a must have. This is one of the best movies of its kind and this production leaps over many editions of anything out this year and can't even be compared to the original version. This is the foreign version that we all clamored to have years ago. It's here and it is fantastic. Incredible movie, incredible DVD. At $15 it is a steal!
Old 05-16-04, 07:25 PM

If you buy through Columbia House and can wait three months for both titles to become available for enrollment, you can get them for about $8 each. That's what I'm planning to do.
Old 05-16-04, 10:24 PM

I would go without food for a day to have them. so yes...get them now.

but then I fast on a regular basis too.
Old 05-17-04, 02:41 AM

Well upon further consideration. I would be basically be paying full retail for one dvd,while getting the other free. So I'd save $30 total...,I think I should get both of them
Old 05-17-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TGTB&TU just never did it for me. I saw it for the first time a few months ago and did not enjoy it as much as I wanted. I thought it was long and the whole spaghetti western dubbed Italians killed me. I guess it just might require more than one viewing. I have never seen Great Escape but I plan on catching this since it is anamorphic.