DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   Angel Heart (Special Edition) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/364320-angel-heart-special-edition.html)

Global Observer 05-14-04 10:37 PM

Angel Heart (Special Edition)

Has anyone watched the newly released special edition of Angel Heart? Amazon.com has this DVD listed as 'unrated', but most other distros list it as rated 'R'. The back cover pictured at DVD Empire shows an 'R' rating as well. If this is the 'R' rated version, are the 'uncut' scenes included in the extras?

Julie Walker 05-15-04 01:05 AM

I was wondering the same thing myself.

The previous Artisan release of this,despite the R on the package was the uncut X version.

The only point of reference I can recall to what this dvd contains was in either Rue Morgue,or a Fangoria dvd review....I flipped through at the store. It mentioned the VHS release with the extra footage & state in ( ) 'also featured here'. So that hints it is the uncut version.

But does anyone own the dvd itself and can verify?

Hendrik 05-15-04 02:56 PM

...does this help any...?...

. . . :o . . .

Sessa17 05-15-04 07:29 PM

Originally posted by Hendrik
...does this help any...?...

. . . :hscratch: . . . uhhhh no. That link has nothin to do with the DVD or the question at hand?

Hendrik 05-16-04 02:10 PM

I think it does: it tells you about the different (rated, unrated, TV) versions of the movie... but...

Sessa17 05-16-04 04:05 PM

Originally posted by Hendrik
I think it does: it tells you about the different (rated, unrated, TV) versions of the movie... but...

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the question of the thread. The thread asks what cut will be on the DVD, not "what are the differences b/w the different verisions of the movie. Thus, the link doesn't help.

Global Observer 05-22-04 04:54 PM

Anyone?

wm lopez 05-23-04 03:28 PM

The transfer is perfect.
And on the extras you get a Micky Rourke interview that has him talking about some of his movies and thoughts on Hollywood.
That alone is worth the price of the dvd.
The sex scene looked like they put the uncensored scenes in.
But one thing that had me thinking that I thought I saw in the movies & on video & t.v. before is this.
When DeNiero is about to eat the egg, I believe he made a perfect cut around the egg with no jagged breaks and then peels it and eats it.
The scene I saw now is the same way anybody would break,peel & eat it.
I could be wrong, does anybody remember this?

Now he justs

Hokeyboy 05-24-04 12:13 PM

Originally posted by wm lopez
The transfer is perfect.
And on the extras you get a Micky Rourke interview that has him talking about some of his movies and thoughts on Hollywood.
That alone is worth the price of the dvd.
The sex scene looked like they put the uncensored scenes in.
But one thing that had me thinking that I thought I saw in the movies & on video & t.v. before is this.
When DeNiero is about to eat the egg, I believe he made a perfect cut around the egg with no jagged breaks and then peels it and eats it.
The scene I saw now is the same way anybody would break,peel & eat it.
I could be wrong, does anybody remember this?

Now he justs

You're not alone; I remember that as well. Perhaps that was not part of the unrated cut. I also wouldn't call the transfer "perfect"; it looks really nice, but there's some fairly noticeable softness and edge haloing throughout.

And slightly OT, but good luck in treating that bout of narcolepsy. Surely you can

das Monkey 05-24-04 12:39 PM

I think it's interesting how

Hendrik 05-24-04 12:46 PM

...yes...?...

Global Observer 05-24-04 02:53 PM

Has anyone been able to confirn whether or not this is the 'uncut', 'unrated' version?