Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Cardcaptor Sakura - The Movie 2 - The Sealed Card (Special Edtion)'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Cardcaptor Sakura - The Movie 2 - The Sealed Card (Special Edtion)'

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-03, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Don Houston's DVD review of Cardcaptor Sakura - The Movie 2 - The Sealed Card (Special Edtion) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8403 and...

he missed out on the hidden extra, the mini feature Kero-chan ni Omakase (Leave it to Kero). This 10min comedy is accessed through the Extras menu, below the Main option on that screen.
Old 11-26-03, 02:36 AM

I dunno if this was the case at the time, but the review now mentions it briefly, totally glossing over its content. Not only that, but the review fails to mention that it's an easter egg, and totally ignores the other extras which aren't easter eggs. It wouldn't surprise me if the reviewer has the regular edition and is reviewing it under name of the Special Edition version by mistake.

Also, based on the "episodes I caught" comment, I get the impression that Don Houston has never seen the Cardcaptor Sakura TV series, and is under the impression that the Cardcaptors episodes aired on TV are the same thing (Cardcaptors is one of the most heavily cut up and rewritten anime dubs you'll find). This is a shame, because Cardcaptor Sakura is much better. I could be wrong about this though...
Old 11-26-03, 10:36 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Howdy!
Thanks for the input. Telv is correct in stating that the review was of the "regular edition" and not the special edition with all the extras attached. I rewvised the review intially but there aren't any extras on the standard version, which was what I was sent to review. The titles for the review are automatically generated and I wasn't told about the two versions (I know the ...hack/ series has great extras but I don't get those special editions either).

I've seen some of the series the movie was based on but I stopped buying it when my interest level in it lowered (and the sales dried up). I know the television version is hacked up, for all the usual reasons, but didn't feel my background in the show was complete enough to go into depth on the whole show (I felt I gave enough background for those unfamiliar with the show and those who are big fans won't need it).

Thanks again!
Old 11-26-03, 06:42 PM

Ah, okay then.

For what it's worth, the episodes towards the end of the series are more similar to this movie than the earlier episodes were (although of course the animation quality in the TV episodes never touched the level of the movies).
Old 11-27-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For future reference, Don, the review titles are automatically generated but they can be edited. Just click on the title box in the review entry page and edit as needed.