Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Savant-"Fidel"

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-03, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Savant-"Fidel"

"If the opposite side used something more than lies, Cold War rhetoric and hypocritical shouting about Freedom and Civil Rights in their documentaries, I'd like to see their docus too"

Translation: You've got such an aversion to hearing the simple, unvarnished truth about Fidel Castro and the Stalinist despotism he represents because you don't want to concede the simple fact that the Cold War struggle was a case of one side representing freedom and the other tyrrany. It is truly amazing how for some people of the far left, they can never let go of the fact of how wrong they were about the Cold War struggle and that "Cold War rhetoric" about Evil Empires that they sneer at so often, told the simple plain truth.

And if Fidel needs to have toadies like Harry Belafonte, who thinks Castro is more noble than Colin Powell (and who once said that the East German regime that built the Berlin Wall was a noble government) and Stalinists like Angela Davis to make a documentary look good, what's say we make ourselves a new documentary about Hitler "Free from World War II American propaganda rhetoric" to tell the "balanced" side of him.

This is one documentary I won't be wasting my money on, anymore than I'd waste my money on "Triumph Of The Will." But what makes "Fidel" a more frightening work than "Triumph Of THe Will" is that there are too many people in this world not able to see pass the whitewash so often applied to Communist despots like Castro (and before that to thug regimes like the North Vietnamese in "Hearts And Minds")