Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Alien Nation TV Series on DVD

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-03, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is only available through Columbia House's TV DVD Club at the current moment, so I thought I would give some details for those that are interested:

The 1st volume contains three episodes - The Pilot plus "Fountain of Youth" and "Little Lost Lamb".

The video is quite nicely transfered - there is some occasional "dirt" on the print from the source material, but no evidence of pixelation or other problems - I would compare these to the first season of THE NEXT GENERATION on DVD in video quality.

The audio is 2.0 Dolby...but it sounds pretty good - the best I've heard the series, so fans should be quite happy with the mix.

Finally, the DVD includes a cast bio for Gary Graham (I'm assuming other cast members will be feature in future volumes) plus a trivia and production notes section for each episode. Granted, these aren't excessive extras, but they're better than nothing.

Fans should also note that there is no chapter selection menu for each episode, although there are chapter stops within each show at where the commercials would have occured - although for some strange reason they haven't done this with the pilot, with only a couple chapter stops in the entire show.

Being a huge fan of the series, I'm glad this one's available - even if it's only through Columbia's somewhat overpriced service.

Hope my comments help those considering looking to pick up the series...
Old 08-13-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Thanks for the review. I have been thinking about picking the series up since there were so few episodes. Sounds like the picture quality is decent enough to warrent the price.