Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Some Kind of Wonderful DVD

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-02, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone viewed the DVD for Some Kind of Wonderful? Thoughts on the video/audio presentation?
Old 08-24-02, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nobody on this forum bought this DVD?
Old 08-24-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Patman!!! I have this at home and have not had a chance to watch it yet. I will make a point of watching it tonight and let you know tomorrow what I think on the transfer and audio. I also need to sit down soon and watch my Pretty in Pink dvd. One thing we all know about these two movies along with Can't Buy Me Love is.....these movies ROCK!!!!!

I was disappointed with the full screen release of Can't Buy Me Love but it is better than having to watch this movie on VHS.
Old 08-24-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished viewing Some Kind Of Wonderful......

My expectations were not high for this transfer so I was not terribly disappointed when the transfer turned out to be an average transfer. Not great but not bad either...I have definitely seen worse. The dvd is anamorphic for those with widescreen televisions and the aspect ratio apppeared to be 1:85:1. I really wish the studios would stop including 5.1 mixes with movies which were not originally geared for the audio format. I would recommend listening to the audio in dolby pro logic surround. Most of the sound you experience is center channel driven anyway. No extras whatsoever....unreal that Paramount can release this stuff without anything at all. Not even a trailer for the movie....NOTHING!!!!!

The dvd is still worth having as long as people remember that this is a 1987 film which was not operating on a very high budget. The sound and picture are dated and it shows but the movie more than makes up for these shortcomings. I simply love this movie.....Pretty in Pink is next in my scheduled viewings this coming week.

Coming soon in September/October......MUST BUYS!!!!

Grease
Footloose
Saturday Night Fever

Hopefully Paramount will make up for their lack of extras with these upcoming releases.
Old 08-26-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks! I'm also looking forward to Grease on DVD!
Old 08-28-02, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Best Buy here didn't even get this in until a week after the release date, and then only 7 copies.
Decent transfer, fine sound, and of course NO extras. Paramount--PLEASE step into 2002 and do a decent job with your DVDs for a CHANGE..............