DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   Dirty Harry (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/213069-dirty-harry.html)

barrywest75 06-05-02 09:56 AM

Dirty Harry

Story Dirty Harry is a movie that still holds true to many action fans of todays audiences. though dated a bit by the styles of the super funky seventies (at least in the first 3 movies anyway), the story and action still hold very very well. it is the story of "dirty" harry callahan and his struggle to bring a psyhotic killer that is holding the city for ransom. he plays a sort of cat and mouse game with him throughout the film. even having to fight with his superiors to find justice, dirty harry always delivers.

Extras: dirty harry's dvd representation is great!!! it has new sound, and picture quality. it is shown in aspect ratio 2:35:1 widescreen. it also contains trailers from the title movie, magnum force, the enforcer, sudden impact. also there are cool interviews with other celebrities giving their comments on clint and the dirty harry persona. the is an original featurette and a new documentary on the dirty harry chartacter. all and all a very good dvd package in my opinion. it is rated R and may not be ok for all audiences because of the violence in the film. cool flick.

BlackBeauty92 06-05-02 02:18 PM

i've been thinking about box set...
but i'm not sure about the picture & sound quality... mainly picture

how is it? is it better than the godfather (great movie, but no so great dvd quality)

thanx

wm lopez 06-05-02 10:14 PM

DIRTY HARRY boxset blows away GODFATHER boxset.
There isn't one bad transfer in the DIRTY HARRY boxset, all clean transfers & sound is great.

highdef 06-06-02 05:05 AM

Have no fear, BlackBeauty92, rush out and buy the DIRTY HARRY COLLECTION. As wm lopez mentioned, all the transfers are well executed and the sound is wonderfully re-mixed. I am very pleased with the set...a must for any fan.

wm lopez 06-06-02 09:57 PM

Buy it, it'll make your day!

BlackBeauty92 06-07-02 06:04 PM

thanx for the infos...

dang, another box set to buy :D

matome 06-13-02 07:20 PM

Another high recommendation here!

JaxComet 06-13-02 09:38 PM

$9.96 at Wal-Mart.......

Nate3092 06-15-02 02:39 PM

Maybe I'm in the dark... but what's wrong with the Godfather DVD transfer? Was there something wrong with the quality of the video on the Godfather Box Set?

BlackBeauty92 06-15-02 08:46 PM

Godfather DVDs might be "the best quality ever" for home-video so far... but for the price they charging, the video/audio quality is not so impresive
we're talking big money making tittles here... who doesn't know about the Godfather?
yet, the studio can't even remastered the video & audio quality to even reach the "Great" level...

i dunno it probably just me... but looking at other tittles out there (ex: Cleopatra: 5 star edition), Godfather deserves better treatment than this...

Rypro 525 06-15-02 09:32 PM

also, how bad is the original dirty harry transfer or is it the exact same as the new se.

BR Lenny Nero 06-16-02 07:50 AM

I just watched Dirty Harry for the first time in my life (I know I know) and it was truly excellent, I didn't expect much, but it was great, and what an awesome transfer, especially for such an old movie, it didn't even feel like 31 years, very clean and sound is sharp and clear, I'm yet to see all the documentaries though.