DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   review wanted: Kiss of the Dragon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/176865-review-wanted-kiss-dragon.html)

LX98Civic 01-22-02 05:08 PM

review wanted: Kiss of the Dragon

I told my brother to rent it from Blockbuster tomorrow. Is it even worth a rental? ....If not, I'll suggest he get something else.

Thanks

Cornfed 01-22-02 08:35 PM

Uh.... it's not too good. For the $4 Blockbuster charges for a movie, there are better things out there. If you're a Jet Li fan, you might as well skip this; it's pretty insulting. None of the fight scenes are worth the film they're shot on. If your brother can go to a grocery store or some other place that rents DVDs for around $1.00, give it a try.

LX98Civic 01-22-02 09:00 PM

Originally posted by Cornfed
Uh.... it's not too good. For the $4 Blockbuster charges for a movie, there are better things out there. If you're a Jet Li fan, you might as well skip this; it's pretty insulting. None of the fight scenes are worth the film they're shot on. If your brother can go to a grocery store or some other place that rents DVDs for around $1.00, give it a try.
My brother signed up with MSN and gets 1 free rental per week :)

Cornfed 01-22-02 10:30 PM

Yeah, what the hell. Go for it. Unless you really have your heart set on seeing Rock Star.

LX98Civic 01-23-02 07:14 AM

Yeah, what the hell. Go for it. Unless you really have your heart set on seeing Rock Star.
Not really :rolleyes:

duy37 01-23-02 08:15 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, I am a Jet Li fan and the action sequences in this movie are AWESOME even though the plot was weak. This is definitely rated R and worth checking out

yippyKiyA 01-23-02 09:08 PM

probably wouldn't want to watch with the kids.

Cornfed 01-23-02 10:43 PM

Take a look at the fight scenes in Fist of Legend. Then take a look at the fight scenes in Kiss of the Dragon. The editing and camera angles used take away from the scenes immensely. Jet Li has disappointed me every time since coming to Hollywood. Only Romeo Must Die/The One fans need apply.

Nick Burns 01-25-02 03:01 PM

Read this review yesterday and deciced to rent the DVD first before buying it. Overall, it was a good movie worth seeing. I'm really considering adding it to my collection. Some of the action scenes were too fast for the camera and left me wondering what just happened. Also, the ending could have been better too.

bluemagic 01-29-02 03:45 AM

At least it's better than The One!

pro-bassoonist 01-29-02 10:03 AM

OOOOOOooooooo..........what a stinker. This movie was horrible.

Iceskaarj 08-03-02 07:15 PM

Kiss of the Dragon DVD - recommendable?

are there subtitles in the Extra Features?

does the DVD have good picture and sound quality ????

Random 08-04-02 01:35 AM

its an OK DVD for an OK movie. The audio and video are pretty good though. There are subtitles for the movie but I don't know if the extra features have captions ( probably not). Blockbuster video sells this title previously viewed pretty cheap.

Numskull 08-04-02 01:58 AM

This probably doesn't matter for most of us here, but the Kiss of the Dragon DVD...MY copy, anyway...skips and eventually stops when played in a PlayStation 2.

Hendrik 08-04-02 05:12 AM

...it's a good enough DVD, according to this <a href="http://www.joblo.com/dvd/kissofthedragon.htm">REVIEW</a>...

. . . :o . . .

kar10 08-04-02 08:05 AM

no, no, no, no

If I was you I rent this movie. This movie is based on a only watch once basis or you will bored the second time around.

I bought this movie because I love jet lee fighting but this movie only has two good fighting scenes and that's it. The second time around watching this film I was yawning like I hadn't sleep all night long. I should've never bought it.

codefree 08-04-02 01:00 PM

Since you're in Germany get the French version which includes dts!

hypeiv 08-04-02 01:12 PM

the movie doesn't have that much replay unless your a big fan of thouse types of action movies.

Painkiller 08-04-02 10:52 PM

Originally posted by hypeiv
the movie doesn't have that much replay unless your a big fan of thouse types of action movies.
I agree, i didn't like it at all, but the dvd was put together pretty well. If you know the movie and are just wondering about the dvd, it has good a good a/v presentation.

Jericho 08-05-02 10:52 AM

Re: no, no, no, no

Originally posted by kar10
If I was you I rent this movie. This movie is based on a only watch once basis or you will bored the second time around.

I bought this movie because I love jet lee fighting but this movie only has two good fighting scenes and that's it. The second time around watching this film I was yawning like I hadn't sleep all night long. I should've never bought it.

Love his fighting so much you don't spell his name correctly? Okay, I'm just teasing you there.

As for the DVD, it's a decent disc of an okay Jet Li movie. But that's just my opinion.

Static Cling 08-05-02 12:09 PM

Moving to DVD Reviews.