Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Emmanuelle in Space Collection

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-02, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it worth it???
Old 01-10-02, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...huh?...

http://www.mrqe.com/lookup?emmanuelle

. . . . . .
Old 01-10-02, 10:22 AM

DVD Talk Evangelist's best answer is "Huh" and to post a link that has nothing to do with the original question?

Is your name George O'Leary?

Maybe I should have said, How does this set rate compared to other soft core titles?
Old 01-10-02, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Available online for under $50, you might find it worthwhile. I'm not really familiar with most of the titles in the box set, but I did buy New Concorde's first Emmanuelle disc with Krista Allen. Despite claims to the contrary on the case, it was the considerably trimmed version. If that's the case with the material on the box set, it's probably not worth bothering.
Old 01-10-02, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
This series was on Skinamax a few years back. Krista Allen is one of the hottest looking women that I have ever laid eyes on.

Be careful - make sure you are not getting a cut version. The series as shown on Cinemax was uncut.
Old 01-12-02, 12:32 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I recently picked up the set at Bestprices.com (pretty good price), and haven't watched it yet until I saw this thread.

Since I have one of the episodes taped off of "Skinamax", I used that as comparison and found the episode to be the same. So if what was on Cinemax is considered to be uncut, then the DVD is uncut as well (furthermore, the cover of the DVD states it's "unrated").

Video and Audio is passable, although I found the sound to be somewhat muted (although that might be from the show itself). It's a bargain DVD, so there's not much to expect.

Just as a sidenote, the discs do not break out the episodes. A disc might have three episodes on it, but it only has one set of opening and closing credits and there's no way to tell that one episode has ended and another began other than through the "plot" (don't laugh :P). Otherwise, there are scene selections, around 6-7 per episode I'm guessing.

I gotta admit that Emmanuelle is Space is alot tamer than most Skinamax offerings (*cough* the camera doesn't pan down alot *cough*). I personally bought it because, to paraphrase Red Dog, "Krista Allen is hot". So if you've never seen the show and don't really give a darn about Krista Allen, then the show might be considered a bit too softcore.