DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Your Personal Reviews Wanted: Die Hard Ultimate Collection

Old 10-12-01, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Your Personal Reviews Wanted: Die Hard Ultimate Collection

plannin on picking this up...your personal thoughts on the set please?

thanks

-NiCK
Old 10-12-01, 02:32 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
An extremely nice set, with great picture (with minor caveats regarding DIE HARD: WITH A VENGEANCE's edge-enhancement and contract), audio and extras. Perhaps not the boxed set of choice for most people right now, due to obvious world events, but if real-life terrorism doesn't have you down, then the DIE HARD: Ultimate Collection is about as good as a boxed set needs to get...
Old 10-12-01, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think this is a great set and a definate keeper. I never really liked DH3 all that much, but with the new picture and DTS sound it has become very watchable, and even enjoyable for me. You have your mind made up about buying it so there is nothing else to say but ENJOY. It's a great set and well worth the money.
Old 10-13-01, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

got it and am definately loving it...

just finished watching Die Hard, with all special features...good stuff

Die Hard 2: Die Harder, tomorrow...

thanks guys

-NiCK
Old 10-14-01, 02:58 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by JimRochester
I think this is a great set and a definate keeper. I never really liked DH3 all that much, but with the new picture and DTS sound it has become very watchable, and even enjoyable for me. You have your mind made up about buying it so there is nothing else to say but ENJOY. It's a great set and well worth the money.
I always enjoyed DH3 because it was a little different than the other two films. McClane is on the way out in his career, and he kind of gets thrown back into the mix of it against his own will. I mean he really has no reason to help this guy (like saving his wife in the first two films) so he does it because he wants to do it and cares about the city, or at least that's the way I see it. I also loved the addition of Samuel L. Jackson as the negative part of the movie, but then again I think Willis and Jackson mix very well together.

As for the box set, I think it's an extremely good set, with 6 discs' total, DTS soundtracks, and a very good picture, you can't go wrong if you like action movies.
Old 10-14-01, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The first Die Hard is the best action movie ever made, at least in my opinion. The sequals are pretty good but pail in comparison with the first one. Alan Rickman has got to be one of the best villans to ever appear on screen.
Old 10-15-01, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I always enjoyed DH3 because it was a little different than the other two films. McClane is on the way out in his career, and he kind of gets thrown back into the mix of it against his own will. I mean he really has no reason to help this guy (like saving his wife in the first two films) so he does it because he wants to do it and cares about the city, or at least that's the way I see it. I also loved the addition of Samuel L. Jackson as the negative part of the movie, but then again I think Willis and Jackson mix very well together.

Now I agree. I originally saw this one on VHS so I was only seeing half the movie. The other 2 I saw in the theater. I was a lillte confused about him being separated again, but I understand he can only save that woman so many times before it gets boring.

PS. Nothing is easier than a review request on a DVD the person has already decided to buy and it's one of your favorite titles.