Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Request: Heathers Tin

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Request: Heathers Tin

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-01, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review Wanted: Heathers Tin

Has anyone seen any sneek previews or reviews of the Heathers Limited Edition Tin?
Old 09-18-01, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well DVDFile just posted the review for the SE. I'm pretty sure the SE is the same disc thats in the LE tin.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi.../heathers.html
Old 09-21-01, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by Cornfed
Well DVDFile just posted the review for the SE. I'm pretty sure the SE is the same disc thats in the LE tin.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi.../heathers.html
True, although I think many of us want to know what's in the booklet.

- Matt C.
Old 09-21-01, 09:57 PM

I got my Heathers tin today (from DDD via Priority Mail), so I can actually provide a little bit of info.

Haven't had time to watch the disc yet, but since it's pretty much the one in the standard version, I'll leave those reviews to people with good A/V equipment.

The tin seems to be the standard AB type (I've never bought or seen one before, but it seems to match the typical description), with the DVD in a jewel case.

Inside the tin:

The 8" ruler--slick plastic, decent quality. Nice extra, but nothing to get all excited about.

The fold-out booklet. One long, accordion folded piece of paper (of the type usually used for booklets). When folded, it measures just under 7.5" x 4.75". There are five 'segments' to each side. One side is the five different covers used for the regular edition, with the actor and character name for each cover at the bottom. The other side has the chapter selections, what looks like the original poster artwork for Heathers (Winona Rider/Christian Slater in front of the chalkboard), and the remaining three segments are occupied with a sort of condensed version of 'how people reacted to the script, how people reacted to the movie'. When folded, the front of the booklet is the Veronica art, and the back is the chapter listing.

The 'yearbook style' booklet. 7.25" x 5", printed on nice paper. The outside is black, with a red banner on top, the "Westerburg High School Rottweilers" logo in the center, and 1988 at the bottom. Very much in the yearbook style, the first and last few pages have quotes from reviews of the movies scrawled like signatures. The inside is as close as you can come to yearbook format, given that they only really had 5 people to work with. Couple of sports pages, couple of pages given to each of the five, etc. Quotes from the movie are written like notes on the pages. Also, 2 'yearbook staff' pages, devoted to pictures of some of the major crewmembers from the time the movie was being filmed. All in all, a nice little booklet.
Old 09-23-01, 06:59 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
I got my Heathers tin today (from DDD via Priority Mail), so I can actually provide a little bit of info.

Haven't had time to watch the disc yet, but since it's pretty much the one in the standard version, I'll leave those reviews to people with good A/V equipment.

The tin seems to be the standard AB type (I've never bought or seen one before, but it seems to match the typical description), with the DVD in a jewel case.

Inside the tin:

The 8" ruler--slick plastic, decent quality. Nice extra, but nothing to get all excited about.

The fold-out booklet. One long, accordion folded piece of paper (of the type usually used for booklets). When folded, it measures just under 7.5" x 4.75". There are five 'segments' to each side. One side is the five different covers used for the regular edition, with the actor and character name for each cover at the bottom. The other side has the chapter selections, what looks like the original poster artwork for Heathers (Winona Rider/Christian Slater in front of the chalkboard), and the remaining three segments are occupied with a sort of condensed version of 'how people reacted to the script, how people reacted to the movie'. When folded, the front of the booklet is the Veronica art, and the back is the chapter listing.

The 'yearbook style' booklet. 7.25" x 5", printed on nice paper. The outside is black, with a red banner on top, the "Westerburg High School Rottweilers" logo in the center, and 1988 at the bottom. Very much in the yearbook style, the first and last few pages have quotes from reviews of the movies scrawled like signatures. The inside is as close as you can come to yearbook format, given that they only really had 5 people to work with. Couple of sports pages, couple of pages given to each of the five, etc. Quotes from the movie are written like notes on the pages. Also, 2 'yearbook staff' pages, devoted to pictures of some of the major crewmembers from the time the movie was being filmed. All in all, a nice little booklet.
Thanks for the specs. I look forward to picking this one up on Tuesday.