Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Shanghai Noon

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-01, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Requesting your input of the dvd of Shangai Noon starring Jackie Chan & Owen Wilson. How was the film and its dvd features? In other words..is it worth buying??

Thanks !!!
Old 08-14-01, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very enjoyable action-comedy-western. If you like Jackie Chan or Owen Wilson, this is one to buy. The video quality is superb and sound is excellent also. Extras are good too. Nice DVD from Disney. Recommended!
Old 08-15-01, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

A hilarious comedy...very enjoyable. They are already planning a sequel called Shanghai Knights. I'll definately be lookin out for that.

-NiCK
Old 08-15-01, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, don't read my sig if you've never seen the movie

Shanghai Noon is a great film. I had some issues with it as I thought some of the deleted scenes should've stayed in the film. Some parts of the movie would've made more sense if they were kept in, but overall it's definitely worth buying
Old 08-16-01, 02:36 PM

A fun film. My wife even said she liked it, and she alway hated Jackie's other films. It has a lot cool extras too. I agree that most of the deleted scenes should have stayed in the film. The test audience strikes again.
Old 08-16-01, 04:44 PM

I'll echoe the others, great movie!

As far as the disc goes, well it is a very solid package by the folks at Buena Vista.

Video quality is reference, period. It is one of the best looking discs I have seen. It truly has a 3 dimensional quality about it. I detected no signs of EE, compression artifacts, grain, etc. Just a gorgeous transfer.

Audio quality is also top notch and actually hangs with the video transfer. Solid low end, no distortion that I detected. Just a very solid 5.1 track.

You want extras, well this disc has got 'em. It is a loaded DVD and I agree with SDSII, I too thought some of the deleted scenes should have been left in the film. But still you get them and you get them finished. The scenes have been finished and are anamorphic plus DD 5.1 to boot.

If Buena Vista had the Vista Series (ala Unbreakable) out when this disc was released it would have been one as it truly offers reference quality video and audio as well as a slew of extras.

Bottom line, run don't walk, and get this DVD. You won't be dissapointed.

wrath