Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

emperor's new groove dvd : review wanted

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-01, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have this on dvd ? would like a review please
heard the movie is pretty good...what do you think
does it rank up there with shrek
Old 07-10-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I actually thought it was better than Shrek. Both are buddy comedies, but to me, ENG has more heart and is funnier. But of course Shrek has the cool animation if that's what you're looking for. But ENG's basic animation style (which is not boring or anything, just not 3D) is a homage to the old Warner Bros. kind of looney cartoons. The 2-disc set is not as extensive supplements-wise as Dinosaur or A Bug's Life, but there's still over an hour of extras. The movie looks fantastic and sounds it too. Plus a pretty good audio commentary. All in all, if you can get it for under $30, I'd definitely buy it. It's a simple sweet movie that has laughs and an enjoyable story. Recommended buy.
Old 07-10-01, 08:31 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep if you liked Shrek I'm sure you'll like this one. I got it sight unseen cuz my friend said it was good, and he was right! It's got some really funny moments and the artwork and all is great, and the extras are decent too. It's got a great DTS soundtrack too. Also even if you just happen to be a fan of David Spade and not cartoons, you'll still love it.

Personally, I liked Shrek better I think, but I'd say it's pretty close Definately worth getting, and if you don't think you want to spend a lot on it, just get the single disc version instead of the 2 disc