Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: The Wall... and The Dark Crystal

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: The Wall... and The Dark Crystal

Old 06-24-01, 02:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone mentioned The Wall in another thread and I've heard it mentioned before, but I've never seen it. About a week ago I was at a party where everyone was drunk and we were watching an old tape of The Dark Crystal (of which, much of the beginning and ending were cut off). I didn't actually get to see much of it because I was doing other stuff. But it seemed kind of stupid, but when I mentioned how stupid it looked everyone pretty much turned on me. I thought they were gonna threaten me with my life! Is it really that good?
Old 06-24-01, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please don't remind me of my college days of watching The Wall whilst drinking heavily. Too many good memories

I haven't seen The Dark Crystal in ages. I have The Wall on LD and pop it in every once in a while when I'm in a really somber mood. Great movie....

Old 06-24-01, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
both films are good to have on dvd. but they're both pretty specialized films. if you thought the dark crystal looked dumb, you probably won't like it. it's a muppets meets the hobbit kind of thing, so that might not be your cup of tea. it has some great extras though. as does the wall. the wall has a great commentary that was a lot of fun to listen too. but if you're not a pink floyd fan, you might want to stay away. it's all about the music.
Old 06-24-01, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by monkeyboy
both films are good to have on dvd. but they're both pretty specialized films. if you thought the dark crystal looked dumb, you probably won't like it. it's a muppets meets the hobbit kind of thing, so that might not be your cup of tea. it has some great extras though. as does the wall. the wall has a great commentary that was a lot of fun to listen too. but if you're not a pink floyd fan, you might want to stay away. it's all about the music.
Thanks. I'll make sure to stay away from these.
Old 06-24-01, 10:59 PM

If you liked Legend, Labyrinth, and Krull - you'll love The Dark Crystal. It's a very nostalgic 80's fantasy type of thang. I don't know how I would have received it having seen it now for the first time.

Eric
Old 06-26-01, 02:54 AM
Banned

They are both good.
Old 06-30-01, 05:03 AM
Cool New Member

The Wall..."all in all it's just another dvd in my collection" ha ha
Wonderful dvd looks and sounds great (ok maybe a dts track would of been nice)
Menus are cool too with some small, meaningless easter eggs thrown in for good measure.
Oh and it has an isolated music track too....just kidding!