Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Heat (Pacino, Deniro)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: Heat (Pacino, Deniro)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-01, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is an older DVD i believe so i haven't seen any reviews for it on this board or in the reviews section. so can someone please give me a review of the disc.

i know the movie is freakin' awesome, but i'm wondering how the picture, sound, and extras are.

thanks
Old 04-20-01, 03:46 PM

Heat is a great film on it's own. I've always wanted to see Pacino and De Niro on the same screen, even if they only appear together in 2 scenes. The dvd is short on extra's(just trailers), but the sound and transfer more than make up for it. The transfer is Widescreen anamorphic - 2.35:1, and it is superior image quality. The print is clean, all colors look vibrant, and the dark colors and blacks are perfect. The sound is Dolby Digital 5.1, and it is one of the better 5.1 I have heard. dialoge is easy to hear and understand, while at the same time sounding natural. The action scenes are loud, and the gunfight in downtown LA will make good use of your subwoofer. All in all it's a great dvd well worth it at with the retail price being $19.98. Rating for Heat out of five stars:
Film-****
Transfer-****1/2
Audio-****1/2
Extras-*

[Edited by pagemaster7 on 04-26-01 at 12:33 PM]
Old 04-20-01, 05:00 PM

thanks

Originally posted by pagemaster7
Heat is a great film on it's own. I've always wanted to see Pacino and De Niro on the same screen, even if they only appear together in 2 scenes. The dvd is short on extra's(just trailers), but the sound and transfer more than make up for it. The transfer is Widescreen anamorphic - 2.35:1, and it is superior image quality. The print is clean, all colors look vibrant, and the dark colors and blacks are perfect. The sound is Dolby Digital 5.1, and it is one of the better 5.1 I have heard. dialoge is easy to hear and understand, while at the same time sounding natural. The action scenes are loud, and the gunfight in downtown LA will make good use of your subwoofer. All in all it's a great dvd well worth it at with the retail price being $19.98.
i've been wanting to get it for a while, but just wondered about the quality. actually, at most places its like 15 bucks or under. guess i'll pick it up tonite.
Old 04-20-01, 09:54 PM

Movie - *****
Video - ***1/2
Sound - *****
Extra - **

Comment: Great movie! Too bad, I can't sit still for 3 hours. It is just toooooooo long It is a MUST-BUY
Old 04-21-01, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by arikevin
Movie - *****
Video - ***1/2
Sound - *****
Extra - **

Comment: Great movie! Too bad, I can't sit still for 3 hours. It is just toooooooo long It is a MUST-BUY
he is right on most of that, but I think Extra's deserves a fat 0 *, trailers dont cut it. Maybe for a old movie though

Great movie, I loved it!
Old 04-21-01, 06:23 AM

Great movie.
Old 04-22-01, 12:55 AM

the final shootout is one of the best i've ever seen. good movie overall.
Old 04-22-01, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought that the firt 90% of thr movie was stellar. The last 10% was a let down for me. The plot is cool, and I lkie the characters, but the end was too sudden and out of perspective to the build-up. I dont own it nor is it on my want list, but I would pick it up for less than $10 to give it another shot. Don't get me wrong, it is a strong film with a lot of merit, I just would have prefered a better ending.

Siege
Old 04-26-01, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by siege
I thought that the firt 90% of thr movie was stellar. The last 10% was a let down for me. The plot is cool, and I lkie the characters, but the end was too sudden and out of perspective to the build-up. I dont own it nor is it on my want list, but I would pick it up for less than $10 to give it another shot. Don't get me wrong, it is a strong film with a lot of merit, I just would have prefered a better ending.

Siege
I totally agree. Great call Siege.