Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Stereo Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-01, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my home theatre setup downstairs, but I'd like to listen to my music in an upstairs room as well. I'm wanting to run a long run of coaxial cable from my computer downstairs to the receiver, and then another run of speaker cable upstairs to a set of speakers. I usually leave my receiver running all the time anyway, and I can control the volume from my computer. These would be the "B" speakers on my receiver (Onkyo 575X).

First off, does this sound logical? Second, can someone recommend a nice set of stereo speakers? Do you think I'll really need a sub? I'd rather get some speakers that have a pretty long freq. range than getting a sub too. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $500 to $750. I want some decent ones, but right now, I'll just be playing mp3s off a computer, so I guess the quality won't be that great anyways. It might be better just to buy some really cheap speakers. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-04-01, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slick44,

Sounds fine. Keep in mind that while you are using the B speakers on the Onkyo 575x the surround speakers do not operate.

There are many good speakers in this price range, including some listed at http://www.cheaphometheater.com. Happy shopping!