Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anamorphic Squeeze on nonWega Sony?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Anamorphic Squeeze on nonWega Sony?

Old 03-31-01, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Sony Trinitron (KV32S66). I was trying to do the anamophic squeeze trick but have had no luck. I went into the service mode but was unable to find the VUSN setting. I then went the VSIZ, but changing that setting from 11 to 0 (the lowest possible) had very little effect on the picture. I can change the HSIZ enough to make the picture look appropriate but then I lose some of the picture on the sides. In essence that is turning my anamophic widescreen into a full screen pan & scan. Can anybody recommend how I can do the anamorphic or am I just going to have to be happy with an inferior picture? Has anyone with this model of TV had any success doing the squeeze manually? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-01-01, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not sure I understand why you're altering settings other than VUSN. Is it because there is geometry or overscan problems when VUSN is enabled?If so, it's something you're gonna have to tweak. Do a search for Sony Service menu and you can find a link to an excellent page that describes all the settings. For reference, when I squeeze my 20" Wega the geometry is pretty much right on so I don't bother adjusting anything.
Old 04-02-01, 04:29 PM

My TV does not have the VUSN setting. Does anyone have any advice? Anyone, anyone?