Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sony Vega 16:9 Enhancement Question

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sony Vega 16:9 Enhancement Question

Old 03-13-01, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everone. Sorry to bring up another Sony Vega thread, but I have a problem. The TV works fine, but I was wanting to know if there is any way to set my TV so that it is always in 16:9 mode whenever I switch sources??

For instance, lets say I am watching a dvd on VIDEO 4(component)and have the 16:9 turned on....well, if I switch to another video source(video 1, channel 3, etc) and go back go video 4 I have to manually go back and turn the 16:9 back on. Have any of you found a way to make your Sony STAY in 16:9 mode so you dont have to mess with it EVERYTIME you want to watch a dvd??

Thanks for the feedback

Jesse
Old 03-13-01, 04:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got a VVega, too... but I didn't know that the 16x9 enhancement automatically switched off when you left your DVD source. Have you considered getting a universal remote with macro function? I found one at Best Buy for $25 that had two macros and was backlit... GREAT deal. I want to say it was an RCA... it's the least expensive backlit one I could find, and I'm VERY pleased with it. Took me from 4 remotes down to 1.
Old 03-13-01, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got one like yours (FS series). The 16:9 is not automatic. A step up to the FV series and it does it automatically. I don't find it a problem.
Old 03-13-01, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an FV series, and it switches out of the enhanced mode when I change sources. It's a bit annoying. What you might consider doing is this:
If you've got a programmable remote that can handle macros, just program a macro that will switch the aspect ratio to 16:9. That way you can make the change with only one keystroke.