DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Q: Looking for DVD player?????? HELP!!!

Old 02-24-01, 01:17 PM

I am looking for a good DVD player that will also play CDr's. I have heard about Apex, Panasonic, and some Pioneers. I am looking at spending around 150 bucks. I have even seen the Apex sell for $100 at Kmart but they are no longer having the deal.

Any suggestions on brands and where to buy them???

Thanks

[I don't need a built decoder, have one in the receiver]
Old 02-25-01, 07:43 PM

I don't know of any DVD CD-R players from Pioneer, or Panasonic in the $150- price range. I love my Panasonic DVD player, however it WILL NOT play CD-R's, but that doesn't matter much to me. Panasonic seems to have the least amount of compatability issues with their DVD players, I've watched about 300+ movies on mine, and it hasn't met a movie it doesn't like. If it is a must for you to play CD-Rs in you DVD player for only $150, I think APEX may be your only optinon. Here is a link to a thread with feedback on almost all of APEX models:
http://209.216.233.229:8080/forum/index.php

Hope that helps!
Old 02-25-01, 07:44 PM

CC has the 660 for $139. Not $99, but may be the best price now, didn't look around much though.