DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sony Rebate

Old 02-24-01, 12:14 AM

Hello, What's up with the Sony rebate is it from Sony directly or only certain retail outlets?
Old 02-24-01, 01:48 PM

yeah, i have the same question, cause i see the rebate at CC and bestbuy, also on the goodguys.com: http://goodguys.com/pdf/sonydvd.pdf

Technetamerica.com has the 560d for $230 shipped, if would be nice to able to get the rebate also. $180 for a nice player

[Edited by dvdrocks on 02-24-01 at 12:02 PM]
Old 02-24-01, 06:21 PM
Cool New Member

If you buy from any authorized Sony dealer, you should be ok. I bought a 360 from Vann's and should be seeing the rebate pretty soon. But make sure Sony recognizes the seller as an authorized dealer.
Old 02-24-01, 07:39 PM

Check out pricescan.com
They have the 560D for $190.
But be carefull, I just bought the 660 for $250 and $30 shipping from buydig.com and it came with the proof or purchase already cut off. At least it was still sealed. There is not a rebate for that one as far as i know, so i guess im not hurt by it. Does anybody know if it is legal to sell stuff that the POP has already been cut off?