Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need help selecting between two players: Aiwa DV-370 & GPX DV2000

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need help selecting between two players: Aiwa DV-370 & GPX DV2000

Old 02-23-01, 04:06 AM

Both players have similar features. Both do MP3's and will play CD-R's, as well as VCDs & CDs. I've found multiple good reviews on the Aiwa off of CNET, and I've located a unit for $220 new (not too crazy about refurbs, but I might consider them). I haven't heard of the GPX before today, but I did find it was $50 less than the Aiwa and is available at Media Play. Here's the deciding factor for me, though: I know that the Aiwa can play multiple regions through a simple codepress done by its remote. I have no idea if the GPX can do the same thing, and I haven't had any luck finding out. For that matter, I haven't been able to find any reviews on how well the GPX performs. Can anyone help me out?
Old 02-23-01, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Doesn't GPX make crappy little boomboxes you can buy at Walmart? Although Aiwa's not much better, I'd go with the Aiwa unit over the GPX.
Old 02-23-01, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Personally I would advise against buying either, but if you must then go for the Aiwa.
Old 02-27-01, 07:50 AM

I have an aiwa dvd player not the model you are talking about,but over all I love it! it plays every disc known to man! picture is great,tons of cool features,go with the aiwa!