Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Problem: Video not passing thru on a Toshiba SD-6109C

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Problem: Video not passing thru on a Toshiba SD-6109C

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-01, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Toshiba SD-6109C DVD/receiver combo. I'm trying to connect my VCR (a Sharp VC-H995) to the video 2 inputs on the Toshiba. I then have the Toshiba outputting to a JVC TV (AV27D201) via component video. The VCR works fine when I hook it directly to the TV, and DVDs work fine when I play them on the Toshiba, but when I select video 2 on the Toshiba and play a tape in the VCR, I just get a blue screen. I also tried video 1 input, still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 02-17-01, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are using a composite connection for the input to the receiver, you need to use a composite connection for the output from the receiver. The 6109c doesn't convert from one format to another.

So what you're going to need to do is make an additional connection between the 6109c and your tv, and switch the input on the tv when you want to use the vcr. You could also go straight from your vcr to the tv.
Old 02-17-01, 01:11 PM

If that's true, then why doesn't the Toshiba pass through audio from the VCR? I have a regular RCA audio connection from the Toshiba to the TV.
Old 02-17-01, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jay k
If that's true, then why doesn't the Toshiba pass through audio from the VCR? I have a regular RCA audio connection from the Toshiba to the TV.
Well, it should pass the audio. You didn't mention that the audio wasn't coming through in your first message. And your Subject Title is: "Video not passing thru on a Toshiba SD-6109C."

Make sure that whichever input your RCA audio connection is coming in to the tv is selected via the tv's menu.
Old 02-17-01, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by stevevt

Well, it should pass the audio. You didn't mention that the audio wasn't coming through in your first message. And your Subject Title is: "Video not passing thru on a Toshiba SD-6109C."

Make sure that whichever input your RCA audio connection is coming in to the tv is selected via the tv's menu.
Sorry, probably should have mentioned that.

I checked the TV's input menu...in fact, after I tried the VCR in video 2 and it didn't work, I tried playing a DVD (without changing any connections) and the DVD played fine.