Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Sony DVP-S7700

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Thoughts on Sony DVP-S7700

Old 02-03-01, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked one of these up for the unbelievably low price of $399.00. So far, I'm very happy with it. My question is, does anyone know of any inherent problems with this player that I should know about? also, what does the DNR button do on the front of the player? This was a floor model and it didn't come with a manual.
Old 02-04-01, 03:08 AM
Cool New Member

I have one too and so far I love it. The DNR is Dolby Noise Reduction which is helpful on some of the older DVD movies. I haven't yet heard of any inherent problems with these players but I often worry about the mechanical face cover giving out. But it's a great player! You can request a replacement Owner's manual from Sony's website or by calling them.
Old 02-04-01, 04:05 AM
JoK
Cool New Member

I have been using this player for the last year and a half. It is an outstanding DVD player not to mention excellent CD player. Sony really went to town when they put this baby together. My understanding is that the inside components are all quality heavy duty parts and designed to last a very long time.

So far I have had no problems with my player.
Old 02-04-01, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the feedback. I went to order a manual but they want nearly $10.00 for it !!! Hey what can I say, I'm trying to be thrifty here. I mean I got this player for 399.00! Overall this player lives up to all of my high expectations. and was an excellent replacement for my Panasonic A310.
Old 02-05-01, 08:36 PM

Can I ask where you got it for $399?