Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Question about Sony DVP S 550D, 560D

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Question about Sony DVP S 550D, 560D

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-01, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, does anyone have either of these DVD players? If anyone knows any good deals on these players I'd really appreciate it. I know that right now there's a $50 rebate going on for the S560D, but I was hoping to get a little bit more off...
Thanks a bunch

dan
Old 02-02-01, 02:42 PM

I have the 550 - VERY VERY pleased with it except for the lip sync problem (which I have been too lazy to send in for repair).

Other than that, it has played EVERY disc I have ever put in it - which is something that some of the other manufacturers can't claim...
Old 02-02-01, 03:26 PM

I have had the 560 for a year and love it. If I have my facts right the 560 is the replacement for the 550. One of the things of which it addresses is the lip-sync thing. So if someone is selling the 550 it is either old stock or a refurb. I would ask.
Old 02-02-01, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have the 530D and love it!!! If you need the built in decoder I would recommend getting the 570D. It has a built in DTS decoder as well. They sell for around $400. If you don't need the built in decoder then just buy the 360 model!!!

If you really want to save some money I will sell you my 530D so I can get a 570D?!?!?!?

I wasn't aware the 560D had a lip sync problem???>..... Thought was supposed to only plague the 330 and 530 models!! I had mine fixed and I have had no problems at all!

------------------
Mike