Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

My Speakers....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-01, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are my main speakers but unfortunately
I don't have the matching center and surrounds. Any Suggestions? Want to keep the price range between 200-400 for the center and 150-250 for the surrounds.

http://www.eosone.com/rsf1000a.htm
Old 01-21-01, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You'll want to stay in the same line as your mains. Odds are if you cheap out on the center or surrounds you won't get good sound through pans and switches. Left to Right effects will sound like crap and the same with back to fronts. Voice Matching is very important. If you don't have the money to spend on a matching center I'd wait on it and use Phantom. As for surrounds it's not as crucial, but the best way to go would be to get a bunch of different pairs (with good return policy) and demo them in stereo mode with your mains. I know they're aren't going to sound a damn thing like your speakers, but you'll be able to get a decent timber match through the higher range. Whatever sounds most like your speakers buy and but in the back. You can do the same thing for the center as well, but I wouldn't. The center is a very important speaker and you should budget 60% of the cost of your fronts for that one speaker (in your case less than that because of the powered mains add more over conventional speakers).

From what I see on the webpage provided the surrounds for your speakers are around $500 and the center only $350. So at least the center is in your price range. Another option would be to get 2 pair of the matching bookshelves, use one for center 2 for rear side effects and the extra for the rear center for EX. That way you'd be garunteed that the sound accross them is nicely matched.

I'm having the same problem with my speakers, except more so. The company that made my mains is out of business and centers are extremely hard to find. The only thing I can do is demo, demo, demo until I find one that matches up nicely (or fall upon a used center). Anyhow, good luck with the system, sounds promising.
Old 01-21-01, 10:34 PM

>The company that made my mains is out of >business and centers are extremely hard to >find.

Well that's my problem too that's why I posted this to get some ideas I had a chance to buy the center and the surround both for $200.00 but didn't have the money back then. Now they are gone and these speakers are very hard to match.

The guy who made these speakers was the same person who help start the infinity series. Also Polk audio is the one that is taking over the warranty as eosone was made in polk factories but they are completely different speakers.

The hunt continues, good luck with yours poorboy.
Old 01-21-01, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Eosones RSR 350, 200 - Surround Speakers
Seller: Nick Gallo
Email: [email protected]
Brand/Model: Eosones RSR 350
Category: Speakers
Condition: Excellent
Price: 200 Firm

These are matching surrounds. For $200 bucks it's hard to beat. Think the guy also has the matching center and a pair of towers with them as well. Give him an e-mail and see. I bet you can get the center and surrounds for about $400 total.

I see these are Henry Kloss designed speakers (Infinity, KLH {I think}, and also Cambridge Soundworks), and I beleive he still makes speakers for Cambridge. As far as matching system they could be very close, check out some of the surrounds over at hifi.com made by Cambridge. They might be a good match.

[mispelled "Henry"]

[This message has been edited by PoorBoy (edited January 21, 2001).]
Old 01-22-01, 12:51 PM

Thanks a million poorboy for watching out for these speakers. I e-mailed him so we'll see if he still has them or not.

I did test 1 infity center a while back but not only it didn't match my speakers but it was too whimsey. As for KLH and Cambridge I personaly don't like them. Cambridge makes some computer multimedia stuff which is really good but when it comes to higher end, IMO, I don't like them.

Can you point me to where you found that post, I want to keep an eye on it in the future in hope of finding someone else.
Thanks again.
Old 01-24-01, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh yeah, sorry about that. I got that post off of www.audioreview.com . In the used Marketplace area. I'm sure they'll pop up every once in a while. Also keep an eye out on www.audiogon.com. Audiogon usually attracts more high-end stuff (starting around $1000 a pair speakers), but I got mine there for only $975, and I've seen NHT's and others there as well. Audiogon is where I found the Kimber Black Pearl speaker cables ($15,000 a set).

Good luck