DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

skipping on dvds

Old 01-07-01, 01:40 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am gettin a problem where occasionaly, for instance, once or twice a dvd, the dvd will kind of skip, i dont know how to explain it but thats as close as i can get, if i rewind it, it does exactly the same thing at the same spot, so im curious, is this the player or the dvd?
Old 01-07-01, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it is happening only once per dvd, and is somewhere near the middle of the movie, chances are that you are experiencing a layer change. This is normal, yet kind of annoying, depending on whether it occurs in the middle of a scene or in a transition.

Do a search for layer change for more info.

-S
Old 01-07-01, 01:57 PM

If its happening on every DVD then its obviously the player. If its only happening on one DVD then its probably just a bad disk. All players have a pause during the layer change, but you shouldn't be getting skipping
Old 01-07-01, 01:57 PM
Cool New Member

btw... i jus realised i am a bit of a fool, looking through some old topics and people have been talking about this heaps, not skipping, its the pause in layer changes, ahwell, its only happened during a couple of dvds and happens maybe once in the movie, one thing though, has anyone else noticed with the 007; the world is not enough menu, whenever you click something, it pauses and then comes back?
Old 01-07-01, 02:08 PM
Cool New Member

yea, its probably nothing serious, doesnt happen on every dvd, and it is in the chapter, or layer changes i did realise, seems common, but still anoying... do you think firmware updates in the future will be able to fix this?
Old 01-09-01, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You need to lose the VHS tape lingo with DVD's! We don't rewind with DVD's! Now stop that immediately or you will have your DVD priviledges taken away!

------------------
------------------
My DVD/LD List
My Home Theater Equipment
Old 01-09-01, 12:48 AM
Cool New Member

ahaha sorry frank, ill try to make my transitions smoother next time im "searching" my dvd, im new to this game gimme a break =P