Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need help with my Toshiba TV

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need help with my Toshiba TV

Old 01-08-01, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. I noticed there is some discoloration on TV CV...61 ... on the lower left hand corner, it seems something has discolored it - most noticeable when red shoes up, it looks purple....

any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 01-08-01, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As far as I know, this is not specific to this model. Most discoloration is due to magnetic interference with the screen. Do you have a speaker near the TV? Try moving all of your speakers away for the day and see if it improves. The discoloration should disappear immediately, but if you've magnetized the screen, it will need to be degaussed. Try switching the TV off and on a few times. Only magnetically-shielded speakers should be placed near your TV.
The only other problem could be from leaving the PIP on, but extremely unlikely.
Old 01-08-01, 02:04 PM

I had lightning surge my apartment once and it zapped my 13" TV. Now there is a band of discoloration across the screen in a perfect horizontal line. It faded some, but is comingback. If there is a degauss built into the TV, it got fried too as turning the TV on and off has no effect. Letting the TV sit alone a few months without being plugged in hasn't helped it either. Maybe there is no degaussing coil in this TV? I think maybe they only put them in the larger TVs?