Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

A few Wega questions...

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

A few Wega questions...

Old 01-02-01, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These questions are about my new Wega 27FS12:

1 - Does anyone think that adjusting picture, brightness, VM, 16:9 enhanced mode too often will reduce the life of the TV? I'm still thinking of whether or not to get an extended warranty for this (because it will probably get a ton of use in a house with 9 people) and I was just thinking of some factors that might cause it to break. My other concern is that the Wega is relatively new and has not really been tested in the long run by consumers.

2 - I can't figure out how to get into service mode. I tried following the instructions at Anthony Haukap's Sony Service Mode guide (http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh/sonyadj.html), but it doesn't seem to work. I've been pressing the buttons as quickly as possible to access the service mode. Should I be trying some other strategy?

3 - Has anyone tried Anthony's recommended settings? Any improvement? I noticed that when I watch 2.35:1 DVDs in enhanced mode the bottom of the picture is not straight. Does anyone know what setting might fix this?
Old 01-02-01, 03:11 PM

You can fix the tilt problem by going into the settings screeen and adjusting the Picture Tilt control. I had to do this on my unit. Someone posted this is caused by the earth's magnetic field. Good luck.
Old 01-02-01, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by peskoe150:
These questions are about my new Wega 27FS12:

2 - I can't figure out how to get into service mode. I tried following the instructions at Anthony Haukap's Sony Service Mode guide (http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh/sonyadj.html), but it doesn't seem to work. I've been pressing the buttons as quickly as possible to access the service mode. Should I be trying some other strategy?
<HR>

Make sure the TV is turned off when you do the sequence on the remote(Display, 5, Volume UP, Power if memory serves).

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre
"Hot Barbecue, TODAY!"
Old 01-02-01, 08:00 PM

I don't think I have a tilt problem. The bottom line in a 2.35:1 DVD appears curved. Tilt control only seems to fix straight lines that are at an angle. I have a curved arc. Can anyone suggest which setting I should try and adjust in the service menu?
Old 01-03-01, 11:40 AM

I figured out how to get into service mode, but unforunately, most of the settings on my TV are not listed on Anthony's page. Is there another page that lists the settings specifically for Wegas? Or does someone have the service manual and can suggest some settings to tweak to fix my geometry problems that I described above?