Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

4K TV Recommendations

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

4K TV Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-23, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

It's me again, still trying to decide, but now the wife has her eyes on The Frame from Samsung, for both the anti-glare tech and the art mode.

Has anybody ever seen one in action up close?

https://www.samsung.com/us/tvs/the-frame/highlights/
Old 05-05-23, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
It's me again, still trying to decide, but now the wife has her eyes on The Frame from Samsung, for both the anti-glare tech and the art mode.

Has anybody ever seen one in action up close?
Bought the 75" version of The Frame almost a year ago & love, love, love it. I can't believe it's taken this long to get a matte screen TV, but it's a game changer. Between that, the art mode, and the flush wall mount almost no one who sees it for the first time realizes it's a TV. It's not going to perfrom like an OLED but the trade off's are more than worth it (to me).

Only a couple of drawbacks. There is some light bleed if watching in the dark. But I've found that we hardly ever watch TV in the dark anymore since the living room isn't reflected back during dark screens. The phone app for the art is kind of buggy, but you can also set it from the remote. It's really worth it to go for the $50 annual sub as there are tons of choices. And lastly, the motion detector takes a while to get right. I'm not sure exactly how, but I finally got it right so that art comes on when you walk into the room and turns off when nobody is there.

I can almost guarantee this will be an extreme wife-pleaser.
Old 05-15-23, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's really good to hear, she's still going on about it. The only issue is what to do with the tower of our HTPC as it's kinda big and currently hides behind our screen right now.
Old 07-16-23, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eddie W
Bought the 75" version of The Frame almost a year ago & love, love, love it. I can't believe it's taken this long to get a matte screen TV, but it's a game changer. Between that, the art mode, and the flush wall mount almost no one who sees it for the first time realizes it's a TV. It's not going to perfrom like an OLED but the trade off's are more than worth it (to me).

Only a couple of drawbacks. There is some light bleed if watching in the dark. But I've found that we hardly ever watch TV in the dark anymore since the living room isn't reflected back during dark screens. The phone app for the art is kind of buggy, but you can also set it from the remote. It's really worth it to go for the $50 annual sub as there are tons of choices. And lastly, the motion detector takes a while to get right. I'm not sure exactly how, but I finally got it right so that art comes on when you walk into the room and turns off when nobody is there.

I can almost guarantee this will be an extreme wife-pleaser.
we just ordered one but now we’re seeing that we can’t have music playing through the receiver while in art mode. Did you have any issues with that on yours?
Old 03-01-24, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

The LG C4 is coming in March 2024

Maybe the only noticeable improvement is the sound quality

https://silentpcreview.com/news/lg-c...e-specs-price/