Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

4K TV Recommendations

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

4K TV Recommendations

Old 09-28-22, 01:25 PM
  #276  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,254
Received 450 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by brainee
I take it you've ordered from BuyDig and had a positive experience? If so, do they just drop off the tv in a giant box outside your house? All the extras BuyDig includes look great. But I might prefer to pay a little more to have the tv unboxed and placed where it's going to be in my house. Although I certainly don't need all the setup options I see places like Best Buy offer for stuff like plugging it in and setting up accounts and apps.
I bought my C6 locally from Fry's Electronics I believe, they price matched some promotion like this. But for my mom, I did order a 65" E8(?) OLED from BuyDig (or maybe it was their sister company Beach Camera) and I had no issues, but yeah, I think it was just dropped off. But, yeah, they are an authorized dealer, so you shouldn't have any issues. But as I said, you could use them to get a better deal locally, that's usually my preference too.
Old 10-26-22, 12:34 PM
  #277  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,254
Received 450 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by brainee
This isn't just a brief sale, right? The price drop looks to be at all sellers and not tied in with a particular advertised sale. Looking at the camelcamelcamel tracking for the LG C1's, they had a big drop in price last September too. And there wasn't a big Black Friday deal, or another big price drop until the following spring (when the next year's model, the C2, came out).

This is tempting. I think this is the model I want. This is what I wrote in the PS5 thread.
The LG OLED C2 had another price drop today. The 77" is now only $2496. I'm guessing this price will hold through Black Friday.





The following 2 users liked this post by PerryD:
Adam Tyner (10-26-22), brainee (10-26-22)
Old 10-26-22, 06:56 PM
  #278  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6,507
Received 340 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by PerryD
The LG OLED C2 had another price drop today. The 77" is now only $2496. I'm guessing this price will hold through Black Friday.

Starts 10/26 12AM ET*: LG C2 OLED TV's w/ Visa GC's + 4-Yr Extra Warranty: 65" + $150GC $1697, 77" + $175 GC $2497 & Much more
https://slickdeals.net/f/16119385-lg...e-free-s-h?v=1
Old 10-27-22, 05:03 PM
  #279  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,254
Received 450 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by kahuna
Starts 10/26 12AM ET*: LG C2 OLED TV's w/ Visa GC's + 4-Yr Extra Warranty: 65" + $150GC $1697, 77" + $175 GC $2497 & Much more
https://slickdeals.net/f/16119385-lg...e-free-s-h?v=1
and since Buydig is an authorized LG dealer, you should be able to price match this offer with other authorized dealers. For the Chicago area, I would use Abt Electronics since they have a massive store locally here. Best Buy might be trickier since they only list a few online sites on their price match guarantee page.
Old 11-06-22, 10:12 PM
  #280  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 38,759
Received 472 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

This is interesting, regarding Hisense variants with the same model number in different countries.

Old 11-07-22, 12:09 AM
  #281  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,872
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Is anyone (PerryD?) familiar with how good BuyDig is with re-stocking? I was all set to buy the 77" LG C2 and it just vanished from their site. There's no longer a 77" drag-down box option for the LG C2 and going through a direct link it just says it's "No Longer Available". For those that use the site, have you seen those messages before and do you think it will come back?

It's still in stock for the
Old 11-08-22, 12:31 AM
  #282  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,254
Received 450 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by brainee
Is anyone (PerryD?) familiar with how good BuyDig is with re-stocking? I was all set to buy the 77" LG C2 and it just vanished from their site. There's no longer a 77" drag-down box option for the LG C2 and going through a direct link it just says it's "No Longer Available". For those that use the site, have you seen those messages before and do you think it will come back?

It's still in stock for the $2500 price at other places. But I really did like the looks of BuyDig's extended warrantee and gift coupons. I guess Costco would be by 2nd choice for purchase.
Showing available to order
https://www.buydig.com/shop/product/LGOLED77C2PUA/LG-OLED77C2PUA-77-Inch-HDR-4K-Smart-OLED-TV-2022
The following users liked this post:
brainee (11-13-22)
Old 11-13-22, 09:44 PM
  #283  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,872
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by PerryD
I did it ... ordered! The first window said 1-3 weeks, but after I checked out it said in stock and delivery in 2-10 days.

I really don't think there will be a cheaper Black Friday price for this tv (some places like Best Buy are already listing the current price as their Black Friday sale price). The 4-year extended warrantee, $175 VISA gift card, and free shipping have me giving Buydig a 1st time try. I think it works out best for me to just have it shipped with no installation. Gives me a chance to take care of my old tv (probably some haul away service, since I don't have any use for it anywhere else in my house) at my convenience. Despite being big, the 77" doesn't sound like it's that heavy.
The following users liked this post:
PerryD (11-13-22)
Old 11-21-22, 05:13 PM
  #284  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,254
Received 450 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by brainee
I did it ... ordered! The first window said 1-3 weeks, but after I checked out it said in stock and delivery in 2-10 days.

I really don't think there will be a cheaper Black Friday price for this tv (some places like Best Buy are already listing the current price as their Black Friday sale price). The 4-year extended warrantee, $175 VISA gift card, and free shipping have me giving Buydig a 1st time try. I think it works out best for me to just have it shipped with no installation. Gives me a chance to take care of my old tv (probably some haul away service, since I don't have any use for it anywhere else in my house) at my convenience. Despite being big, the 77" doesn't sound like it's that heavy.
Did you get the TV yet? I can't imagine how fantastic a 77" OLED image would be.
Old 11-24-22, 11:23 AM
  #285  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,362
Received 704 Likes on 535 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

I saw this on sale:
Old 12-11-22, 05:13 PM
  #286  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,872
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by brainee
I did it ... ordered! The first window said 1-3 weeks, but after I checked out it said in stock and delivery in 2-10 days.

I really don't think there will be a cheaper Black Friday price for this tv (some places like Best Buy are already listing the current price as their Black Friday sale price). The 4-year extended warrantee, $175 VISA gift card, and free shipping have me giving Buydig a 1st time try. I think it works out best for me to just have it shipped with no installation. Gives me a chance to take care of my old tv (probably some haul away service, since I don't have any use for it anywhere else in my house) at my convenience. Despite being big, the 77" doesn't sound like it's that heavy.
Originally Posted by PerryD
Did you get the TV yet? I can't imagine how fantastic a 77" OLED image would be.
Finally have it. Turned out the shipping estimate was at the long end of the time they gave me. But it got delivered last Friday, and I had it all set up by Saturday afternoon.

So far so good. It seems plenty bright to me. I'm sure I still have some playing around to find the best settings, and I watched some setup videos on YouTube to get ideas of where to start. The first 4K show that I broke it in with was Top Gun Maverick. While it's hard for me to notice much difference in resolution (between 1080p and 4K) at a reasonable viewing distance, the colors and contrast were immediately noticeable. I have to start playing some 4K PS5 games too (when renewing my PS+, I signed up for a year of the highest tier for $45 which has a ton of stuff I want to play).
Old 12-11-22, 09:05 PM
  #287  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
T-bone22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,896
Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by brainee
So far so good. It seems plenty bright to me. I'm sure I still have some playing around to find the best settings, and I watched some setup videos on YouTube to get ideas of where to start.
Rtings is a good source for picture settings.
Old 12-28-22, 04:21 PM
  #288  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6,507
Received 340 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

If you have a EDU/EPP account for Samsung you can get this at Samsung.
Samsung EDU/EPP Discount: 55" Class S95B OLED 4K Smart TV (2022) - $1,014.99
https://slickdeals.net/f/16340866-sa...2-1-014-99?v=1
Old 12-28-22, 07:40 PM
  #289  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 17,998
Received 1,284 Likes on 957 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

My wife is again interested in something without glare since we have a window directly opposite the screen.

We currently have a 60Ē 4K and Iím not interested in upgrading unless we add at least 10Ē.

Is there something like that out there?
Old 12-28-22, 11:19 PM
  #290  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,872
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Sounds like something like the Samsung QN90B QLED could be what you're looking for. Review at Rtings. Comes in 75" and 85" sizes.
Old 12-29-22, 11:24 AM
  #291  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 17,998
Received 1,284 Likes on 957 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

What's the difference between OLED and QLED?

tks
Old 12-29-22, 11:30 AM
  #292  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,254
Received 450 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

QLED is just fancy name for Samsung's LED and is meant to sound like a new technology like OLED. OLED is completely different technology that the actual panel emits the light and pixels can be turned off completely giving you pure blacks. QLED is a regular panel that needs the external light source. Micro-LED is something that would a closer bridge between LED and OLED.
The following users liked this post:
milo bloom (12-29-22)
Old 12-29-22, 12:45 PM
  #293  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 48,854
Received 818 Likes on 695 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Can you hook up a 4K UHD player to a non-UHD tv and use it just for Blus? Iím really using it for the audio, Atmos. Just wasnít sure if it would work. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-22, 02:24 PM
  #294  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6,507
Received 340 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Can you hook up a 4K UHD player to a non-UHD tv and use it just for Blus? Iím really using it for the audio, Atmos. Just wasnít sure if it would work. Thanks in advance.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questio...2-b3f139df6d2e
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (12-29-22)
Old 12-29-22, 07:05 PM
  #295  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
T-bone22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,896
Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Most any bluray player from the last 10 years or so should support Dolby Atmos.
Old 01-02-23, 12:38 AM
  #296  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Rival11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western N.Y.
Posts: 7,102
Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

I have two, 65" tv's but both are only 60hz. I keep hearing about 120hz (especially for my xbox series X) but is it really worth upgrading just for the 120hz? The series x only games look fantastic only current TV and I see know shaking or anything so will the 120hz make it loos WAY better or is it not worth upgrading just for that? Also, does 120hz have any impact on 4k blu rays? As far as TV size goes, I'm perfectly content with 65" I see no reason to go bigger than that. Whatsoever.
Old 01-02-23, 06:38 PM
  #297  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
rocket1312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,789
Likes: 0
Received 860 Likes on 608 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by Rival11
I have two, 65" tv's but both are only 60hz. I keep hearing about 120hz (especially for my xbox series X) but is it really worth upgrading just for the 120hz? The series x only games look fantastic only current TV and I see know shaking or anything so will the 120hz make it loos WAY better or is it not worth upgrading just for that? Also, does 120hz have any impact on 4k blu rays? As far as TV size goes, I'm perfectly content with 65" I see no reason to go bigger than that. Whatsoever.
The primary advantage a 120hz tv might have over 60hz for movie watching would be the ability to watch film content at it's native 24fps. 60hz tvs need to have a 48hz mode to do so. I think at this point most do, but it's something to be aware of.
Old 01-02-23, 06:48 PM
  #298  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Rival11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western N.Y.
Posts: 7,102
Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Originally Posted by rocket1312
The primary advantage a 120hz tv might have over 60hz for movie watching would be the ability to watch film content at it's native 24fps. 60hz tvs need to have a 48hz mode to do so. I think at this point most do, but it's something to be aware of.
Is it worth upgrading my tv's for it though?
Old 01-02-23, 08:57 PM
  #299  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Rival11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western N.Y.
Posts: 7,102
Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Did my own research. For gaming, the 120hz is good for FPS's primarily and for 4k movies it doesn't matter. Gamer nerds sbd purists will of course say you should get the 120hz. I don't see the need to for now. Maybe it would be different if there was a noticeable graphical improvement but after playing the callisto protocol on my current TV, I was blown away and definitely don't think I will be missing out on anything.
Old 04-03-23, 06:13 PM
  #300  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 38,759
Received 472 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: 4K TV Recommendations

Wal-Mart currently has a deal on the same LG Evo C2 65" 4K OLED Gaming TV that I just got at Costco (for $1,599.99), at just $1,349.00 with free shipping. That's a sweet deal for a great TV.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.