Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Best price for 3 dvd players

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Best price for 3 dvd players

Old 12-25-00, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm buying a second dvd player for myself (actually for the kids room) and at the same time I'm going to get one for my brother and sister as well to drag them kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Buying 3 players at the same time can be pretty expensive so I'm looking at the Apex (which has pretty good reviews) or a low end Toshiba, etc. The Apex AD500B is only $99 at Circuit City so that's a little under $300 for all three (excluding shipping).

Can anyone help me find a better deal by using coupons so I can get a Toshiba or another brand of better players? What about rebates and free DVDs?

Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-00, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>expensive so I'm looking at the Apex (which has pretty good reviews)<HR>

Good lord man where did you actually see a good review of a APEX player? This is (rightfully so) the most maligned player manufacturer out there! Apex player have very bad compatability problems with a large amount of DVD's! Do yourself a favor and go with the Toshiba... you'll be much more satified and won't have to hear complaints from your relatives about how rotten the new DVD thingis because of all the bugs with the APEX players!

------------------
------------------
My DVD/LD List
My Home Theater Equipment

[This message has been edited by Frank S (edited December 25, 2000).]
Old 12-26-00, 10:41 AM

Good reviews can be found at Audio Review <http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/DVD/product_45421.shtml> and Deja News (now part of half.com). A firmware upgrade is reported to fix the incompatibility problems (can you confirm/deny this?) Also, the unit was hacked to death because of the Macrovision loophole and still came through with good reviews. I appreciate you input though and I would rather get the Toshiba if I can work it out to about $125 apeice.

Any ideas?
Old 12-26-00, 08:23 PM

For your kid's room, get the Panasonic RV30 which you can get for $229 minus $50 instant coupon = $179 minus $50 mail in rebate = $129. But for your brother and sister, you'd need something else since u can only do the rebate once I believe.
Old 12-26-00, 09:02 PM

Great, thanks. Where do I find these rebates?
Old 12-26-00, 10:11 PM

For the product, go to
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004R8VM/dvdtalk
When ordering, use coupon code AMZN-ELECTRNC
for $50 off a $200 order. Then for the manufacturer's rebate, go to:
http://panasonic.com/consumer_electr..._reb_promo.htm