DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

TCL Tv's

Old 05-25-21, 08:46 AM
  #151  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 35,445
Received 254 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
The smallest size in the 5 series is 50".
I think I got my wires crossed flipping around on Rtngs. I currently have a 43" and was thinking of going bigger to 50". Ratings are better for the 50" 5 series. I'm still trying to decide if I really want to go 50". Even though the marks are much better for the 5 series, I would probably be okay with the 4 series. My distance to the tv won't change. I gotta look at this more before settling on which size.
Old 05-25-21, 11:39 AM
  #152  
Premium Member
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 6ft Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 16,138
Received 331 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

43 is the smallest for a 5 series. It would be miles better than a Fire TV.

https://www.tcl.com/us/en/products/h...mart-tv-43s525
Old 05-25-21, 12:04 PM
  #153  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,376
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
43 is the smallest for a 5 series. It would be miles better than a Fire TV.

https://www.tcl.com/us/en/products/h...mart-tv-43s525
I stand corrected. I had checked BB & did not see the 43" size listed.
Old 05-25-21, 12:11 PM
  #154  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,376
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I think I got my wires crossed flipping around on Rtngs. I currently have a 43" and was thinking of going bigger to 50". Ratings are better for the 50" 5 series. I'm still trying to decide if I really want to go 50". Even though the marks are much better for the 5 series, I would probably be okay with the 4 series. My distance to the tv won't change. I gotta look at this more before settling on which size.
I brought a the Tcl 49S405 a few years ago. It was a replacement for my Mom's 720p Panny. The TV sucked as far as 4K content. I can't tell the difference between 4K, 720p, or 1080p.I think your better off with the 5 Series. I was going to buy last years model but pissed they raised the prices. I still might just
wait for the 2021 models and see what they release.
Old 05-25-21, 01:16 PM
  #155  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 35,445
Received 254 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
43” is the smallest for a 5 series. It would be miles better than a Fire TV.

https://www.tcl.com/us/en/products/h...mart-tv-43s525
Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
I stand corrected. I had checked BB & did not see the 43" size listed.
Walmart had one listed as Series 5 but I thought they had misprinted it.

Had really seen much about the Fire TVs but glad to see an opinion.
Old 05-25-21, 03:23 PM
  #156  
Premium Member
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 6ft Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 16,138
Received 331 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Checkout rtings and CNET on both, and you’ll see why we’re advocating for TCL.
Old 05-25-21, 03:51 PM
  #157  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 35,445
Received 254 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Oh yeah. I can understand they're the best bang for the buck.
Old 05-28-21, 06:22 PM
  #158  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,074
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Do the newer models have an issue with blinking screens?

I thought I fixed the problem but it still happens.

Old 05-28-21, 08:18 PM
  #159  
Premium Member
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 6ft Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 16,138
Received 331 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Haven’t heard anything about blinking screens.
Old 05-29-21, 02:27 PM
  #160  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,376
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
Do the newer models have an issue with blinking screens?

I thought I fixed the problem but it still happens.
Saw some videos on YouTube that might fix the blinking screen problem.

Half black flashing 55 inch Roku TCL screen flashing easy fix

Black Screen / Flickering / No Picture on TCL Roku TV? 3 Easy Fixes!


Old 06-16-21, 02:34 AM
  #161  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,376
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
I was hoping that the prices would drop a little fewer before the 2021 models come out. But looks like that is not going to happen. So I'll either wait for the 2021 5 or 6 series.
The 5 series will be like last years mini led 6 series. Or I might just buy the 2021 Hisense 65U8G model.
The 2020 TCL prices on the 5 & 6 series have gone through the roof on BB.com.

5 Series:
1. 75S535 - $1299.99
2. 65S535 - $899.99
3. 55S535 - $649.99
4. 50S535 - $599.99

6 Series:
1. 75R635 - $1799.99
2. 65R635 - $1299.99
3. 55R635 - $949.99

Last edited by kahuna; 06-16-21 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-16-21, 10:45 AM
  #162  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 35,445
Received 254 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
The 2020 TCL prices on the 5 & 6 series have gone through the roof on BB.com.

5 Series:
4. 50S535 - $599.99
I've been watching this model. Amazon has it for $499, at least for right now. I'm thinking of nabbing it before it matches BB.
Old 06-16-21, 01:27 PM
  #163  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,376
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I've been watching this model. Amazon has it for $499, at least for right now. I'm thinking of nabbing it before it matches BB.
Not sure why these prices have risen so much on these models. But for me that's way to much for what the 50" use to cost. I was looking at the 65" model but the price has
increased by $250. I also notice lists these as 2021 models.
Old 06-17-21, 02:43 AM
  #164  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,376
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

This is why TV prices will go up in 2021

Old 06-17-21, 06:04 AM
  #165  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 35,445
Received 254 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: TCL Tv's

Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
I was looking at the 65" model but the price has
increased by $250. I also notice lists these as 2021 models.
That's a helluva increase. That's another tv.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.