Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

PS4 Sound Issues -Home Theater

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

My HT systems is a Samsung Blu-Ray HT-BD1250 (a Blu-Ray player with the HT theater speakers attached) purchased in 2009. My TV set is a Samsung 55' U4K HD.

Unless I am watching a movie in the Blu-Ray player, I use a digital cable coming out of the back of my TV that goes into my theater system . I switch to the appropriate input and the surround comes out of my speakers fine except when I am using the PS4. Apple TV, Smart TV streaming, it all gives out good sound. However, for some reason with the PS4 I have to crank the level up a bit higher to get even acceptable sound. I have attempted the sound via a direct digital from the PS4 to the sound HT system, but that doesn't really help. What's strange is that the PS4 seems to give decent sound when it's menu screen is up, but once a game or movie starts it seems restrained and muffled , it doesn't even seem to be coming out of all the speakers .

Bottomline: everything seems to get good sound through the whole HDMI into the TV and sound out through the TV's digital output except the PS4. Any advice on how I might be able to fix this? Thanks!
Old 08-19-17, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: PS4 Sound Issues -Home Theater

Okay, a slight bump in case nobody saw this a year ago. Found a way to get the PS4 sounding slightly better, but not as great as when it's from other sources.