Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Option for Toshiba firmware upgrade?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Option for Toshiba firmware upgrade?

Old 12-08-00, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Toshiba 3108 with Rom Version V1.000 - R1, manufacture September 1998. I had read that the only option is to send the player to Norman's Electronics in Atlanta, GA to have the firmware upgrade. Right now the 3108 can't play Alien and a lot of the new release such as American Beauty and others.

I can not believe all the people own the 3108 and the only option to have the firmware upgrade is to ship it to Atlanta. I am in Los Angeles and there must be some local Toshiba authorized repair shop that can do the same thing. Does anyone know any info, please share it with me. Thanks a lot.
Old 12-11-00, 08:18 PM

UP.

There must be other people except me owning a Toshiba 3108 that is interested in getting firmware upgrade in California? Either that or everyone has done their own firmware upgrade already?
Old 12-12-00, 08:51 AM

How do you find out your rom version on a Toshiba. I have the same one and want to check my version. Thanks. By the way I have heard that you can take it to a local service center to get it upgraded but then you have to pay for it.
Nolan
Old 12-12-00, 09:42 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by nolanpb:
How do you find out your rom version on a Toshiba. I have the same one and want to check my version. Thanks. By the way I have heard that you can take it to a local service center to get it upgraded but then you have to pay for it.
Nolan
<HR>

Nolan, try this: zoom 606 zoom. Are you in California too?

Old 12-12-00, 12:11 PM

Thanks it worked. I am in Chicago and there is a place about 10 minutes from me that is a Toshiba Authorized repair center so I will see if they can do it.

Nolan
Old 12-13-00, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Toshiba authorized repair center does not mean they can do the firmware upgrade. I went through the same process with my 3008 awhile ago. I ended up upgrading to a 2109 rather than go through the hassle. This way I also had DTS which the 3108 already has. As far as I know Atlanta is the only place for firmware, at least it used to be.

------------------
Those aren't pillows!!!
I never saw a guy get picked up by the clusters before!
You're going the wrong way!!!
Widescreen Presentation
Jim's DVD's