DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Best Home Movie DVD Burning Software (ability to create custom menus with photos?). (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/629568-best-home-movie-dvd-burning-software-ability-create-custom-menus-photos.html)

omgdvdslool3432 11-16-15 01:17 AM

Best Home Movie DVD Burning Software (ability to create custom menus with photos?).

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows of a free or paid piece of windows software that will allow me to create custom DVD menus with a custom picture background??. Thanks in advance!.

andy434343 11-23-15 02:14 PM

Re: Best Home Movie DVD Burning Software (ability to create custom menus with photos?

Try avid DVD. Good software, not free....but you get what you pay for. Fully customized DVD/blu ray menus with pictures or slideshow capabilities within the menu and with music.

omgdvdslool3432 11-23-15 05:56 PM

Re: Best Home Movie DVD Burning Software (ability to create custom menus with photos?

Originally Posted by andy434343 (Post 12652196)
Try avid DVD. Good software, not free....but you get what you pay for. Fully customized DVD/blu ray menus with pictures or slideshow capabilities within the menu and with music.

Thanks, I'll make note of that.

I was able to customize the DVD menu using DVD Styler and editing a template in Paint.net, then burned it all to an ISO, and then dragged the ISO into DVDSHRINK for good dvd player compatibility. It worked right away in our Sharp Blu-ray player, and my Samsung dvd player. My mom spent hours trying to burn a compatible dvd on her iMac but none of the ones she burned worked in the DVD player. I knew DVD Shrink would do the trick!.

Mission accomplished!.

MooMooMooMoo 12-07-15 07:22 PM

I'm not familiar with there recent product, but for idiot proof custom menus, Nero Vision Express used to do a good job.

My fav authoring program (though menu customization is somewhat limited unless you're EXTREMELY knowledgeable; you can use 1 custom photo in ez mode) is freeware AVStoDVD

omgdvdslool3432 12-08-15 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 12664665)
I'm not familiar with there recent product, but for idiot proof custom menus, Nero Vision Express used to do a good job.

My fav authoring program (though menu customization is somewhat limited unless you're EXTREMELY knowledgeable; you can use 1 custom photo in ez mode) is freeware AVStoDVD

Yeah what ever program that can burn it to an ISO, is great, then afterwards I drag the ISO into DVD Shrink and then burn it onto a disc from there because DVD Shrink makes the most compatible/playable DVD's possible.