Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Midiland S4-8200 humming ?!!

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Midiland S4-8200 humming ?!!

Old 12-07-00, 12:30 AM
SGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received the 5.1 speaker system. Got it hooked up. I was surpised and pissed to hear the humming noise in the speakers. Tried a bunch of stuff but I still hear the noise. I am disappointed for sure, this sucker is going back for sure.

Thought I could use this as a home theatre. Forget it ! U still need to get a conventional A/V receiver + speakers + woofer.
Old 12-07-00, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yeah, midiland's suck. i never understood why everyone praised them so much. their speakers are made of cheap materials. the cabling is cheap. the parts don't even fit together on the satellite/subwoofer system i bought. i hate them and i will never buy their stuff again...
Old 12-08-00, 07:16 PM
SGP

Just got my S/PDIF optical cable connected to Midiland S4-8200. The humming sound has disappeared ! I called tech support and they told me to use the optical cable to avoid the humming sound.

This is great. Now it works like a mini home theatre sys ! The sound is pretty ok as I am not a audio critic.