DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Denon receivers

Old 11-10-00, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering if anybody out there has seen or heard the new Denon AVR3801. I saw it today and had it HIGHLY recommended to me. It is 105x7... had component switching and some other features...it looks pretty new. But it rocks! All i know i know is that is 2 steps below the AVR5800 and AVR4800(this model doesn't even have 7.1)
One last thing,
Where is best place to buy DENON online... The store had this unit for 1029.99.. it seemed like a great price... any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-10-00, 07:00 PM
BEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hometheaterforum has several posts/testimonials about the 3801. The guess is that it has the same power supply/tranformer as the AVR-3300 w/2 additional solid state amps. It maybe a little more underpowered than the 3300 was.

Sounddistributors has the 3801 for $924 shipped. They also have a really good price for the 5800.

Trouble is they are not an authorized dealer, if that matters to you - warranty issues. Denon doesn't like mail/internet order of their products.

[This message has been edited by BEC (edited November 10, 2000).]