Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Distortion on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-00, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently, I have be noticing an almost yellow color distortion on the right side of my TV while watching a movie. It appears to happen when there are lite colors on the screen(white or clouds). I have paused a movie in a scene where it is totally white and the distortion slowly got larger and darker, almost a lite brown. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what might be causing it. My VCR and Center Speaker are below the TV do you think it could be some kind of magnetic interferance.

Please Help! and Thanks!
Old 11-02-00, 10:44 PM

You are right, yellow would not be from a magnet. Maybe your tv needs an adjustment. How old is it?
Old 11-02-00, 10:58 PM

It's a Sharp 25inch. It's almost a year old(Christmas Present).

I removed the vcr and speaker and the distortion came up as it did, but not quite as dark. Also, if I look really hard up in the left corner, I can almost make out a pink tint.

New Poll: How many think my TV is F***ed.
Old 11-03-00, 10:19 AM

I think the phosphor in your tube is spoilt. Is the contrast on your TV turned up real high or is it a screen burn from a station logo? That could be the cause.
Old 11-03-00, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's weird. My parents' five year old 25' Sharp TV is getting the same problem. On the top right corner of the TV it changes colors occassionaly. I thought it was from the center speaker on top of the TV, but when I took it down, the discoloration would get worse sometimes, and better other times. I think it's just cause Sharp TV's are crap. On the Sharp, DVD's don't look much better than VHS tapes, but on my Sony I can tell a major difference. You might want to get another TV, or if you still have the warranty on the Sharp, try to get it fixed.

------------------
============================================

'Eritis sicut Deus, scientes bonum et malum.'
Old 11-03-00, 06:44 PM

Yeah, I have come to realize that it is a crappy TV. All the contrast and brightness etc. have never been touched as there was no need. I planning on getting a Widescreen Toshiba or something of the like.

Thanks