Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Denon AVR-2800 problem?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Denon AVR-2800 problem?

Old 10-31-00, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in August, I upgraded my Denon AVR-2700 to an AVR-2800 to get DTS decoding Now it appears I'm having a problem. After about 15 minutes of use (and randomly after that) I get a "clicking" noise from the receiver. It is similar to the "click" the unit makes when switching to an input (VCR, DVD, TV) that uses the DSP chip. It only happens when an input is using the DSP chip (i.e Dolby D DVD, Pro Logic VCR, Pro Logic TV, etc.). It does not happen when using the tuner or CD inputs. I think there may be a problem with the DSP chip in my unit. Just curious if anyone else out there has one of these units and has had this problem. Oh, more recently I added a Panamax Max1000+ to protect my system. I don't see how this could be causing the problem but I never noticed the problem prior to the addition of the Panamax. Any experiences, thoughts, or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-31-00, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your receiver is probably defective. I have a 2800 and I've never experienced anything like that. I hope it's not too much trouble to exchange. Sorry, wish I could help.

- Brad